No announcement yet.

ati & htpc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without decent deinterlacing, without postprocessing, and probably only up to about 20mbit/sec.

TBH I watch most video stuff on an external box by now (ASUS OPlay) because I can't be bothered with all that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by barkas View Post
      GPU decoding would be UVD, xv only accelerates some colorspace conversion and scaling stuff as far as I know.
      linux does not really support any kind of accelerated decode on ATI cards. There's a xvba thread a mile long in here and I can only conclude from it that it doesn't work very well and if it does, it's still a pita to get to work and breaks about every other driver release.
      No, VDPAU doesn't have a fraction of the troubles uvd has.
      The things I know to work are VDPAU and that broadcom crystal hd stuff.
      Just forget ATI for accelerated video for the moment, that'll save you a huge amount of trouble and time.
      Right there, that shows the sad state ATI drivers in Linux is in. There's been no progress there at all, really.

I don't know why people are fighting and arguing with ATI fanboys in other threads. All they have to do is mention 'xvba' and the discussion is over.

There's no support for a major part of a video card?!? Accelerated video?!? 'Joke.

Comment

Working...
      X