Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCZ Solid 2 SSD

Phoronix: OCZ Solid 2 SSD

We have reviewed a number of OCZ solid-state drives at Phoronix including their Vertex, Agility, and Agility EX series. In this review we are taking our first look at OCZ's new Solid 2 SSD series. The Solid 2 series is part of OCZ's value-based SSD line-up, but they do offer a surprisingly good level of performance.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why is there no information on the firmware versions that were used on each drive for testing? Also, why are there no synthetic benchmarks testing random IO? Random IO is the biggest issue in terms of SSD performance and it seems like any major flaws in the drives would go undetected by your benchmarks because of it.

Comment

Lovely work!
      any plans to have a look a their vertex 2 line?
      or other sandforce 1200/1500 SSD's?

Comment

Originally posted by jalyst View Post
        Lovely work!
        any plans to have a look a their vertex 2 line?
        or other sandforce 1200/1500 SSD's?
        that's exactly what I wanted to ask for! I'm planning to purchase the Vertex 2 with 100GB and would to love to see a comparison with the previous benched drives.

I have to say that Shining Arcaine has a good point. Not testing random IO seems unreasonable to me too. Especially the new Agility/Vertex 2 (Sandforce powered) drives with their high IOPs (20k/50k @ 4k Blocks) claimed by OCZ should be tested.

Anyhow, good work and thanks for the helping comparisons!

Comment

Working...
        X