Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtualizing The Gallium3D Graphics Stack

Phoronix: Virtualizing The Gallium3D Graphics Stack

Nearly two months ago we first reported on the Gallium3D driver that few knew about in the form of a Gallium3D driver that targeted the Xen virtualization platform similar to what VMware now does with its virtual Gallium3D driver for offering hardware accelerate on guest operating systems via Gallium3D. Over a number of months last year was this new Gallium3D driver, which now there is more information...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Holy shit isn't this the DRM group? If so this is hela good news. If they use as much as a single GPL'd bit of code then they have to open source a huge chunk of DRM!

Hahaha fail! Looking forward to that!

Comment

We'll see if this is worth looking into. He doesn't want to maintain the code, which is one problem, and it's based on a very old Gallium with a very different interface, which is another.

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
      Holy shit isn't this the DRM group? If so this is hela good news. If they use as much as a single GPL'd bit of code then they have to open source a huge chunk of DRM!

Hahaha fail! Looking forward to that!
      Fail less, please. These are the folk that do Trousers and other open-source TPM-based projects. These are good people. Furthermore, all of Mesa, including Gallium, is X11-licensed, not GPL.

Comment

I guess this was the logical next step because I always figured they'd want to do this.

Comment

I wonder if the SPICE folks would be interested in something like that. Their desktop solution depends entirely on paravirt video drivers.

Comment

Working...
          X