[totally random] Forgive me, for I have sinned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [totally random] Forgive me, for I have sinned

I am a massive KDE fan ("Ohrly?") and now I have a interactive Open Streetmap background, a bunch of widgets (clock, weather forecast, yellow note, RSS reader), Kopete open that I have to track, Konqueror with way to many functionality buttons and websites open I track at once with too many sites I have to check replies for, notifications poping up like crazy, PDF's, Amarok keeping me busy... AAAAAARGGG!!!!

Too much screen information!!! I love KDE because of the tech and the features but I am getting a headache and even music plays AAARRRGGG!!!!

Information sickness started to get to me. I changed back to a wallpaper, QtCurve window decoration and a Clearlooks theme. *Still headaches*.

So I logged out and started a Gnome session instead. *silence*

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh

Refuge to Gnome? Instead of the nice terminal?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      Refuge to Gnome? Instead of the nice terminal?
      I think the next step would be going headless and using punched cards

1337z0r 2 d4 b0n3

Comment

All I have is a clock and the weather :P

Comment

I used to be a KDE fan. I still think it's good and the ideals but imho, it seems to have become more bloated. The other issue I have with KDE (probably now more than ever) is that there is a 'K-' for every software application and instead of working out the kinks or bugs on application X, they introduce a new 'K-' program or add another feature to it. But, the bug/problems remain. So many apps don't work right or still have bugs dating back from 3.5.-. Annoying...

I'm not a Gnome fan but I got used to it.

However, I prefer low-resource desktops/DEs now. I like xfce and LXDE.

Comment

I still like KDE but the information overflow was just killing yesterday...

I like KDE and don't want it to change, but something must be done to reduce ten thousand signals all coming at your brain all the time. I mean it is good whenever I get notified of an event, but was getting a little too much...

Will check out Gnome 2.30 with Fedora 13 and see I can keep it.

Comment

I really believe it is not a sin...

Comment

Originally posted by anny View Post
                I really believe it is not a sin...
                A Gnome witch! GET HER! Burn her ALIVE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X