Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI X1300 FC6 - Inspiron 6400 - WVGA

Hi - Newer to Linux
    I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 lappy - 2GB RAM - ATI X1300 Mobility Radeon - with a 15.4" widescreen display. I haven't been able to get the display to resolve to 1280x800 w/ FC 6. I have searched this forum and maybe have overlooked something. I tried the widely advertised script on here but came up w/ more than a terminal full of gibberish and related that to the fact this is a Mobility Radeon and the script posted was for just a desktop Radeon?

If someone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful. Manually editing config files gives me the shivers but I will if properly instructed.

I don't want to give up and turn back to winders just yet.

Later,
    Tim

Do you have the fglrx drivers installed?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Do you have the fglrx drivers installed?
      No, but it's listed as a choice that comes up under display settings.

The hardware driver that comes up as being used is ATI Technologies Inc M52 [ATI Mobility Radeon X1300]

Is that the driver that should be used? Or the fglrx drivers? I just tried to use the fglrx drivers and it was a no go.

Comment

Originally posted by sutert View Post
        No, but it's listed as a choice that comes up under display settings.

The hardware driver that comes up as being used is ATI Technologies Inc M52 [ATI Mobility Radeon X1300]

Is that the driver that should be used? Or the fglrx drivers? I just tried to use the fglrx drivers and it was a no go.
        And actually, in looking at my xorg.conf file, it is using the vesa drivers.

Comment

You NEED to use the fglrx drivers in order for it to work. What isn't a no go with the fglrx driver at ATI.com?
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            You NEED to use the fglrx drivers in order for it to work. What isn't a no go with the fglrx driver at ATI.com?
            fixed.

Thanks! I'll buy you a beer on the other side.

Comment

Working...
            X