No announcement yet.

Gallium on r600 imported to mesa / trunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the situation still the same as earlier ie that you shouldn't expect it to run at all with r600 but only with r700?

Comment

IIRC Jerome was saying that it had only been *tested* on 7xx, not that there were known problems with 6xx.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        IIRC Jerome was saying that it had only been *tested* on 7xx, not that there were known problems with 6xx.
        Well, that's pretty much what I meant. I recall him saying that loong ago, was wondering if it had been tested with r6xx since then. Apparently not. Guess I'm gonna bother trying it out eventually anywway.

Comment

I reversed commit - disable rendering, and used 2.6.34 kernel from radeon-testing branch, otherwise it wouldnt work.

Comment

Anyone tried recently? I'm tempted to compile it, but I'd like to know where it's at because I see commits for it daily when I pull the new mesa source

Comment

r300g is still where it's at. r600g hasn't seen much progress since it was first pulled into mesa and probably isn't useful for anything just yet. I guess active development will begin after the r8xx classic stuff is released and running.

Comment

Working...
              X