No announcement yet.

Catalyst 10.5 For Linux Is Out: Nothing Exciting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still couldn't install this on Kubuntu 10.04. Nightmare.

ATI programmers are so pathetic. They should be making their driver A1 installable before they even spend 1 second on OpenGL4 or other features.

Comment

Lagging with compositing desktop fixed in 10.5?
      PPA to fix the error 'til a final solution is created: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- KARMIC: https://launchpad.net/~k0ekk0ek/+archive/ppa LUCID: https://launchpad.net/~info-g-com/+archive/xserver-xorg-1.7.6-gc Please do not write: Have the same error nor it affects me to, please become a subscriber! THX Alf -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Comment

Originally posted by 7oby View Post
        Lagging with compositing desktop fixed in 10.5?
        https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/568988
        That will be fixed by the new 2d acceleration backend that is supposedly coming soon. Someone mentioned the June driver, but I don't know if that was ever official or just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
          guildwars now crashes for me and has some weird looking bugs in the character selection menu
          do your 3d games flicker too, if you use a virtualdesktop in wine?
          I didn't got any crashes, but sometimes I get the weird looking bug in the character selection menu. But in-game is perfect.

Comment

EDIT:
            Not weird looking bugs, but weird looking artifacts
            Phanne, how did you manage to fix it? It didn't work setting catalyst A.I. to standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans View Post
              EDIT:
              Not weird looking bugs, but weird looking artifacts
              Phanne, how did you manage to fix it? It didn't work setting catalyst A.I. to standard.
              I found the solution myself. Disabling catalyst A.I. fix the character menu problem. But I still get the good performance with every settings to highest (not AA though).

Comment

I found the solution myself. Disabling catalyst A.I. fix the character menu problem. But I still get the good performance with every settings to highest (not AA though).
                I still get the 10.4 on the website, why?

Comment

Originally posted by fabioamd87 View Post
                  I still get the 10.4 on the website, why?
                  Try push F5 on their webpage. Firefox trends to cache too much sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by 0e8h View Post
                    Still couldn't install this on Kubuntu 10.04. Nightmare.
                    Shame.

ATI programmers are so pathetic. They should be making their driver A1 installable before they even spend 1 second on OpenGL4 or other features.
                    This isn't their call. It's upper management's. They have only so many people and they were short headcount to realistically do much for people back some 4-5 years ago- and I can't envision them being able to up headcount enough to make a difference during the time from then to now.

Oh, by the way, don't call them "pathetic". There's some of the best and brightest doing work over there and they're fighting with one arm and one leg tied behind their back right at the moment.

Comment

Try push F5 on their webpage. Firefox trends to cache too much sometimes.
                      same error with Chrome and never used Opera!

I've some problem with my connection today (Alice) is possible that dns are not updated? (anyway I can't change it on my alice router)

(Archlinux x64)

PS: solved with epiphany, but this is absurd!

Comment

Working...
                      X