Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 10.5 For Linux Is Out: Nothing Exciting

Phoronix: Catalyst 10.5 For Linux Is Out: Nothing Exciting

AMD has just put out their Catalyst 10.5 Linux driver update. Unfortunately, there isn't anything too exciting in this release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

With wine 1.2 RC and fglrx 10.5 I got a tremendous improvement in Guild Wars.

With wine 1.1.44 and fglrx 10.4 I got graphic corruptions in almost all the areas.

Now I got no corruption at all and I am able to run it in highest settings with descent fps. I don't if it was wine 1.2 RC or fglrx 10.5, but guild wars just runs awesome now on fglrx. I also got a quite big speed improvement.

Comment

With recent developments going on, AMD has been pressured to put more work towards their OpenGL stack

Comment

actually, there is something exciting

OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
        OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
        OpenGL version string: 3.3.9836 Compatibility Profile Context

OpenGL 3.3 is in the stable line yey

Comment

Originally posted by AnorexiasGrizzli View Post

Apparently so is OpenGL 4.0

Code:
          OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series 
          OpenGL version string: 4.0.9836 Compatibility Profile Context
          OpenGL shading language version string: 4.00

Comment

Downloading the new Eve client. Will test with "offscreen->FBO" the moment the servers are back online (today is a major Eve Patch day).

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Hans View Post
              With wine 1.2 RC and fglrx 10.5 I got a tremendous improvement in Guild Wars.

With wine 1.1.44 and fglrx 10.4 I got graphic corruptions in almost all the areas.

Now I got no corruption at all and I am able to run it in highest settings with descent fps. I don't if it was wine 1.2 RC or fglrx 10.5, but guild wars just runs awesome now on fglrx. I also got a quite big speed improvement.
              guildwars now crashes for me and has some weird looking bugs in the character selection menu
              do your 3d games flicker too, if you use a virtualdesktop in wine?

Comment

Originally posted by AnorexiasGrizzli View Post

interestingly the non super user ati control center tells me that im using opengl 3.2.9756 while the superuser control center tells me im using opengl 3.3.9836

Comment

@monraaf

Did you try tesselation with Unigine 2.1 yet? I would like to see all benches with tess disabled and the 3 quality settings benched against the old ati only tess hack.

Comment

Maybe this one will support the Radeon HD 5830. I won't be able to try it, since I already exchanged mine for a Radeon HD 5850, which worked with 10.4.

Comment

Working...
                    X