No announcement yet.

Catalyst 10.5 For Linux Is Out: Nothing Exciting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's for LUCID and newer - not for Kanotix. My script is tested with U too.

Comment

Where does 'update-alternatives --config gl_conf' actually source it's info from?

I just tried it, and despite having two entries for nvidia-current, it screwed up the libGL.so links no matter which option I selected (so I had to fix it manually again).

evil@saturn:/usr/lib32$ sudo update-alternatives --config gl_conf
      There are 2 choices for the alternative gl_conf (providing /etc/ld.so.conf.d/GL.conf).

Selection Path Priority Status
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      * 0 /usr/lib/nvidia-current/ld.so.conf 9700 auto mode
      1 /usr/lib/mesa/ld.so.conf 500 manual mode
      2 /usr/lib/nvidia-current/ld.so.conf 9700 manual mode

Comment

You may NOT use ati/nvidia installers on lucid. When you do so you break the system thats clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          You may NOT use ati/nvidia installers on lucid. When you do so you break the system thats clear.
          Hehe... crystal. Now.

Comment

Originally posted by rbmorse View Post
            I'm very disappointed. I came here expecting to find the usual high-intensity bashing that accompanies every new FGLRX, and all I see is some lukewarm jabs about features that don't apply to the wide population, anyway.

Come on guys...where's the venom? Do we have to get Gordboy back on to give lessons? This is FGLRX after all. Let's try harder.
            I know you're being sarcastic. ;-) I stubbornly stick with the proprietary ATI Radeon drivers because they're so easy to install and update, especially since I upgraded to a 5750. Must add that I don't play games in Linux, but I'm very satisfied with the compositing goodies that I can now take advantage of. YMMV.

Richard

Comment

Working...
            X