No announcement yet.

10.5 is out. come and get it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It worked well for me... Back to playing Nexuiz...

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      It is better than you might think
      Wait wait wait... Kano is p... p... PR... PRAISING FGLRX?!?!
      Pigs are flying over a frozen hell O.O

So far so good here.
      First time ever I could launch Wine with OffscreenRenderingMode set to the default (FBO).

UseGLSL enabled is still glitchy though. Oh well not all the excitement at once

Comment

Well it is the "best" fglrx release with xvba - at least better than all releases before, so you can see an improvement for the first time there. It decodes h264 level 4.1 correctly. It's clear that you can decode h264 l 5.1 with nvidia and also divx (on dx10.1/11 hw). xvba only supports vc1+h264. i still prefer nvidia gt220 for my main box.

Comment

Is it only me or tearing with composite (in my case it's metacity default composite) gone away with 10.5 :O
          What a nice surprise :O :O :O

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
            the HD5000 do have a diverend openGL(4) part... to OpenGL3.3 on my card

the catalyst 10-6 do have more OpenGL fixes..

i think 10-6 will fix your segfault problem..
            As I wrote earlier it segfaults before even loading libGL. So I can't really pin this on fglrx. Also no luck with kernel 2.6.34. Only fix is wine before 1.1.38.

Comment

I mainly test h264 via xvba/vaapi, until that is fully working i would still recommend nvidia for htpc. Well for games maybe ati is ok when you don't want to wait for fermi middle class or budget cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                this is an driver bug! mybe not an openGL libGL bug! but its a driver bug!

i'm really sure! amd simply do not have this fix for the r800 in the driver!

just wait for the 10-6 release!
                Nope it's a wine bug. It also segfaults with my HD 3200. But doesn't matter I just compile from git and revert the bug Alexandre Julliard introduced myself.

Comment

That's poor, did you try the same content with a supported card/onboard?
                  Just tried it with HD3200. And with that XvBA is working pretty good. Color issue is indeed fixed, and it is a lot more stable than before.

It's really a shame that it doesn't work with Evergreen.

Comment

I mainly test h264 via xvba/vaapi, until that is fully working i would still recommend nvidia for htpc. Well for games maybe ati is ok when you don't want to wait for fermi middle class or budget cards.
                    Obviously is better to wait to fermi middle class or budget cards because after a year of nvidia extra development they will achieve to run unigine heaven at 100 fps with only 10w power consuming, yeah sure

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                      Obviously is better to wait to fermi middle class or budget cards because after a year of nvidia extra development they will achieve to run unigine heaven at 100 fps with only 10w power consuming, yeah sure
                      Right and you can use Evergreen cards in 2012...and the same cards in Fedora 13 in 2015... maybe HD 4xxx cards will be feature complete around then, too...

Comment

Working...
                      X