Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 10.5 is out. come and get it.

10.6 will be awesome.

Just like 10.13

Now if this would only work on a (modern) Fedora.
    I can see it happen: Valve releases Steam + several cool games and being unable to play any of them. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by quintesse View Post
    Now if this would only work on a (modern) Fedora.
    I can see it happen: Valve releases Steam + several cool games and being unable to play any of them. *sigh*
    Does it actually straight off not work or are you just basing it on the drivers being 'unsupported'? Because Arch is unsupported and has the latest kernel/XOrg and 10.4/10.5 have both worked okay for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Just like 10.13
    Agree!!

In Buggy Race (DirectX mode) I have big performance improvment. I tested Wine 1.2 RC1 and Catalyst 10.5 (I have the same performance as in OpenGL mode), before when I tested it on Wine 1.1.43 and Catalyst 10.4 in DirectX I had 1/2 performance of OpenGL. I'm not sure what component (new Wine or Catalyst) improve situation. I will check also other games soon.

I also checked some other applications and I see huge fps improvment in Direct3D9 based titles. For me these drivers are great

Does anyone know what is the latest kernel version supported by this release? I'm willing to update to Slackware 13.1, which defaults to Linux 2.6.33.4. Currently I have Slackware 13.0 with a custom 2.6.33.4 kernel and Catalyst 10.4. Everything runs fine, but of course I want to update to the new Slackware version as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    It is better than you might think

Try:

http://kanotix.com/files/install-fglrx-debian.sh

if you can not log in into vt1 use:

DISPLAY= sudo sh install-fglrx-debian.sh -z
    reboot

To try mplayer with xvba/vaapi:

http://kanotix.com/files/fix/mplayer-vaapi-latest.txt

Run script as root, should work now up to h264 l4.1 with correct colors, when l5.1 will work well nobody knows...
    I apologize for being off-topic, but your script works perfectly, sir!
    I have tried this on Squeeze without any problems. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by pflynn View Post
    Does anyone know what is the latest kernel version supported by this release? I'm willing to update to Slackware 13.1, which defaults to Linux 2.6.33.4. Currently I have Slackware 13.0 with a custom 2.6.33.4 kernel and Catalyst 10.4. Everything runs fine, but of course I want to update to the new Slackware version as soon as possible
    Sorry...my mistake: where a say: Currently I have Slackware 13.0 with a custom 2.6.33.4 kernel it should be Currently I have Slackware 13.0 with a custom 2.6.31.5 kernel