10.5 is out. come and get it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
    compiz + opengl + mplayer works without tearing. And yes, it works with compositing on.
    With what card?

Comment

• Originally posted by WildcatWhiz View Post
      With what card?
      With a hd4650 mobility.
      It is very important to use mplayer, which is the only media player i know of, that makes fglrx render the video in a direct rendered window instead of in a indirect rendered window (you will get tearing).

Also should be noted, that you have to enable vsync always through amdcccle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
        With a hd4650 mobility.
        It is very important to use mplayer, which is the only media player i know of, that makes fglrx render the video in a direct rendered window instead of in a indirect rendered window (you will get tearing).

Also should be noted, that you have to enable vsync always through amdcccle.
        You, my friend, are on. I'm trying this tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by WildcatWhiz View Post
          You, my friend, are on. I'm trying this tonight!
          Oh and btw. I am able to use gmplayer as a frontend to mplayer also. It still renders through mplayer.

Comment

• What happens if you try to use VLC for your video player?

Comment

• Originally posted by Panix View Post
              What happens if you try to use VLC for your video player?
              Just tried it. Doesn't work. I get tearing.
              I have only had success with mplayer.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWretched View Post
                You use Ubuntu 10.4, I believe? You can try what I did... (64bit too)

Install it freshly from ISO, use X-Swat repository below:

And use the fix from above!

Maybe it helps!
                Yes, I'm using 10.04 64. I did a fresh install and added the ppa for x-swat. Marked fglrx, amdcccle, modaliases, and all the other associated packages for upgrade. fglrx and amdcccle failed complaining about not being able to apply the arch_fglrx_2.6.34.patch. Was able to resolve that from here:
                Not sure what's going on, but I can't get "fglrx" to update/patch via synaptic or apt (commandline). "fglrx-amdcccle" fails, also because it depends on "fglrx". I've attached a file of the errors from apt. help... please... :(

But now I get:
                Code:
                Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 2.6.34-020634-generic (x86_64)
                Consult the make.log in the build directory
                /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.732/build/ for more information.
                The make.log file:
                Code:
                DKMS make.log for fglrx-8.732 for kernel 2.6.34-020634-generic (x86_64)
                Fri Jun  4 03:18:58 PDT 2010
                AMD kernel module generator version 2.1
                cat: /lib/modules/2.6.34-020634-generic/build/include/linux/utsrelease.h: No such file or directory
                Error:
                kernel includes at /lib/modules/2.6.34-020634-generic/build/include do not match current kernel.
                they are versioned as ""
                instead of "2.6.34-020634-generic".
                you might need to adjust your symlinks:
                - /usr/include
                - /usr/src/linux
                Really freaking strange, because uname -a matches that kernel number and the kernel and headers installs went off without a hitch.

Did you run into any of these issues? If so, how did you fix them?

Comment

• Just noticed there's a new fglrx build in 6 hours with this in the log: "Add patch from Arch to enable support for 2.6.34 kernels." so maybe I try again in the morning.

Btw what fix from above are you talking about?

Comment

• karmic build is still broken with:
                    Code:
                    execstack: cannot open "debian/fglrx-amdcccle/usr/lib/bin/amdcccle": No such file or directory
                    IIRC the "fix" should be in one of the 10.4 threads..

I'm also betting that their CCC privilege escalation app/script is still MIA as well...

why am I not surprised?

Comment

• fix is here

Also had to edit ati-installer.sh such that the line:
                      Code:
                      ACTION=$2
                      to
                      Code:
                      ACTION=$1

Comment

Working...
                      X