X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does it support x server 1.8?

Comment

Why does Ubuntu+Fglrx hate my system!? still

fresh install of Ubuntu. generate pkgs with 10.5 installer machine freezes once again. b4 ever even launching X, so no Xorg log file...

sad..

I'd be less mad about ati if the driver worked at least once in ubuntu.. which is the most pop dist.. I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Exopaladin View Post
        Does it actually straight off not work or are you just basing it on the drivers being 'unsupported'? Because Arch is unsupported and has the latest kernel/XOrg and 10.4/10.5 have both worked okay for me.
        Before 10.4 it wouldn't even compile or if you got it to comple it would complain about missing symbols in the kernel. WIth 10.4 it compiles and installs but on my system I just get a blank screen (and a kernel error in the logs somewhere).

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          FarCry do not segfault anymore!
          It does here. But anyway thanks for having some wine dude closing my bug as a driver bug .

Comment

Originally posted by Jecos View Post
            Why does Ubuntu+Fglrx hate my system!? still

fresh install of Ubuntu. generate pkgs with 10.5 installer machine freezes once again. b4 ever even launching X, so no Xorg log file...

sad..

I'd be less mad about ati if the driver worked at least once in ubuntu.. which is the most pop dist.. I don't get it.
            Have you tried a simple:
            chmod 700 ati-driver-installer-10-5-x86.x86_64.run
            sudo ./ati-driver-installer-10-5-x86.x86_64.run

?

Comment

uuh?=?=? really? i use wine 1.2rc1+ catalyst 10-5
              Same here. But still segfaults. And judging by the backtrace it's highly unlikely that this was a fglrx bug. Perhaps you were affected by another bug.

Comment

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

WINE 1.2RC1 + FGLRX 10.4 railroad tycoon 3 crahes on loading games, because fglrx_dri.so crash, but now it is working fine!!! and it seems this it is not the only game fixed.

On video side, using mplayer-vaapi, my videos are working flawlessly with video hardware acceleration , without tearing and without the color issue bug! just perfect! wow!!

"Catalyst 10.5 For Linux Is Out: Nothing Exciting" what ???? are you mad?

Comment

what kind of hardware do you use? i use a hd4670
                  I have HD5750 but it's not a hardware or driver issue. The games segfaults even before libGL is loaded. What kernel are you using Ubuntu stock or 2.6.34 as you were talking about earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                    On video side, using mplayer-vaapi, my videos are working flawlessly with video hardware acceleration , without tearing and without the color issue bug! just perfect! wow!!
                    Then I suppose you must be one of the lucky ones who didn't buy an Evergreen card

Comment

certainly, I have a 4350, why evergreen are not supported? There are legal issues? or only drivers problems?

Comment

Working...
                      X