Is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me?

So today I answered somebody asking for help in the forum. Then I realised that the same question had been asked verbatim some months ago...These three users joined within 24 hours of each other, posted some question in the forum and exactly 8 months later post again:

user: sujanne
    1st post: 09-24-2009
    2nd post: 05-25-2009

user: berthani
    1st post: 09-23-2009
    2nd post: 05-25-2010

user: beverly
    1st post: 09-24-2009
    2nd post: 05-26-2010

It's probably nothing. But be careful out there.

sujanne's signature is stuffed with spamlinks. beverly's as well. I didn't check the third one, but it's surely the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by that guy View Post
      sujanne's signature is stuffed with spamlinks. beverly's as well. I didn't check the third one, but it's surely the same thing.

Hmm? Signatures with links should be disabled for that reason.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

You could of course simply grab the standard caption stuff somewhere and have a bit of text above it that says: If you want to register, then click on the R in the phoRonix logo to register instead.

Then send new users an email with the text "go back to the captcha and enter 'noko' instead.

Security through obscurity... Bots do not have AI. Problem solved for the comming 20 years or so.

Comment

Spammers also hire people to create accounts. Usually in countries where labor is extremely cheap, like China.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Hmm? Signatures with links should be disabled for that reason.
            I don't know. Both guys had the same keyword-samurai links. [ example ]

Comment

Working...
            X