more love with wine XD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more love with wine XD

for those interested in wine gaming in the OSS driver here is another screenshot of lineage2 epilogue running in wine 1.2-rc1

since my last screen, texture seems to improved a lot, still need works ofc but is close enough (as you can see textures seems very aliased but i guess libgl still need more tunning in that area since lfd 1 have the same issue) but hey not even gl 2.1 yet and i can play perfectly beside the issue ofc unlike fglrx wich sigsegv like a crazy blind dog (when it works, which is not easy or often sadly), so another kudos to foss driver team

about gameplay, well i can say is as smooth as my windows7 x64 partition, (pls avoid the usuals wtf, bullshits, no fragging ways, etc), i dont mean it as a fps comparison, i just say i get enough fps now to get a smooth gameplay experience, i havent or wanted to test if win7 is too much faster or not at fps (you have PTS for that ,) ).

about the nazy symbol (the windows svastica), sorry i forgot again to change my icon theme, i promise this my last shoot with that ugly nazi symbol(i got a nice svg kubuntu icon which will replace it, tomorrow when i get some free time)

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    about the nazy symbol (the windows svastica)
    I'm never going to see that symbol the same way again. Thank you for the new (proper) perspective

Comment

Did you say that Left 4 Dead 1 works? (I usually see it as l4d, not lfd)
      Last I tried it, it needed support for texture compression. s3tc I think...

Comment

Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
        Did you say that Left 4 Dead 1 works? (I usually see it as l4d, not lfd)
        Last I tried it, it needed support for texture compression. s3tc I think...
        well dont get me wrong i can't get into the actual game either, i mean in the game menu also show that heavily aliased textures.

now i think im close in getting l4d to load, cuz all the errors point the lack of z-stencil missing extension and few wrong texture while loading, but yes just like you the game crashes when it need to do the actual render. but is pretty neat for such a young driver

Comment

btw latest google earth functions 100% perfectly, yeahhhh

Comment

Haven't tried that many games myself with WINE and Gallium. Temple of Elemental Evil works, and so does the Age of Decadence demo. Yesterday I successfully ran Furmark, though none of the post processing effects worked on my rs480. No luck running Tropics or Sanctuary demos (won't even start, complains of a missing extension). Will be trying Deus Ex latter this weekend (need to not remove it from inventory since I left my copy at home).

Comment

Working...
            X