Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 13 Is Set To Premiere Today

Phoronix: Fedora 13 Is Set To Premiere Today

Following a last minute setback, Red Hat is set to release Fedora 13 this morning. Fedora 13 integrates many package updates and new features for this first major update to Red Hat's community operating system for 2010...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No need to mention the even bigger AMD/ATi support of open source drivers.

Be sure only to mention nVidia support, and not to mention that nVidia won't support open source drivers in any way.

Comment

Thanks to every single dev!
      Here are the torrents, for those who are interested:

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
        No need to mention the even bigger AMD/ATi support of open source drivers. Be sure only to mention nVidia support, and not to mention that nVidia won't support open source drivers in any way.
        Good support for open-source ATI drivers isn't a feature unique or exclusive to Fedora. Michael probably mentioned tightly-integrated Nouveau because Fedora is among the first to use it as default (although a bleeding-edge open-source graphics stack was mentioned in regards to intel/ATI et al.).

Comment

It's seems it's a great release, because beta was rock solid and very fast. Downloading DVD right now. Delta rpm's, file system checking working properly (in the newest Ubuntu it's messed up, because it takes very long...), PTS isn't working in Kubuntu, because of some ibus error. Those are things which make me forget about (K)Ubuntu right now. Btw. if I would decide to use Gnome I would choose Fedora instead of Ubuntu, because Fedora is mono apps free and it has some fine tools (maybe they're available for Ubuntu too, but I wonder if they're integrated so well).

Comment

"Following a last minute setback, Red Hat is set to release Fedora 13 this morning. Fedora 13 integrates many package updates and new features for this first major update to Red Hat's community operating system for 2010"

You don't need to put Red Hat so front and centre. Red Hat does not release Fedora, the Fedora Project does (it's a significant difference, the two are different entities with different governance). And Fedora is not really 'Red Hat's community operating system' - see above.

Comment

Exactly how bleeding edge is bleeding edge as far as the X.org driver stack is concerned? There must be some point in development where they stopped pulling and started testing, right?

Considdering that I never boot Windows again, wouldn't it be smarter to just unplug my evergreen card and go with my onboard r600? Or does Evergreen pack some nice features in Fedora13?

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                Considdering that I never boot Windows again, wouldn't it be smarter to just unplug my evergreen card and go with my onboard r600?
                If you want to go with the OSS driver it is.

Or does Evergreen pack some nice features in Fedora13?
                Nope. If there's any work on Evergreen being done it's behind closed doors at ATI.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                  If you want to go with the OSS driver it is.

Nope. If there's any work on Evergreen being done it's behind closed doors at ATI.
                  Ripping it out it is then...

OK so my onboard is a HD3300. Can it handle OpenGL (ES) stuff with Fedora? For example Blender and games?

Comment

Blender should be fine. As for Games, it depends on the game.

Comment

Working...
                    X