OpenGL Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL Crashes

I installed Wine and i was trying to run CS 1.6, but the game crashed.
    The error was drmRadeonCmdBuffer: -12. Kernel failed to parse or rejected command stream. See dmesg for more info.

And in dmesg at the end it said:

[ 561.817043] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* Failed to parse relocation -12!
    [ 625.559086] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* Failed to parse relocation -12!
    [ 733.432936] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* Failed to parse relocation -12!
    [ 825.452019] hrtimer: interrupt took 29333 ns
    [ 835.501651] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* Failed to parse relocation -12!

After Googling i still didn't find anything that could help me since i'm a novice Linux user. Oh and i'm using Ubuntu 10.04.

So what could be the problem here? It only crashes if i'm using OpenGL.

It looks like your libdrm, mesa and the radeon driver do not match. Most likely, your libdrm is too old.

Are you using the default drivers that come with Ubuntu, or did you install newer ones from one of the external repositories? This might be a good idea to do anyway, due to the rate of improvement of the drivers.

Which card do you have anyway?

Comment

My card is VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc RS480 [Radeon Xpress 200G Series]
      Also i'm using the default drivers.

If i need to install newer ones, could you please instruct me how that is done on Linux?

Comment

There are relatively easy ways to do this for your specific distribution (Ubuntu), but since I don't use it, somebody else will likely have better advice.

There is a "standard" way to install experimental software from source, but you should stick with the standard services provided by your distribution for the time being, and save yourself some headaches.

Comment

Well i've looked into updating drivers, but all i can find is the Hardware Drivers app and i cant do anything in it. It just says "No proprietary drivers are in use on this system".

So how do i update them? And which ones should i update in this case?

Comment

fabis94

You need to search Ubuntu forum for (xorg-edgers fresh X crack) theres info on this PPA.

xorg-edgers fresh X crack page is here

Read the whole page, theres info on how to purge if needed. These are testing packages, but I have found them to be stable on my hardware.

Sharky

Comment

Ok thanks i'll check this out.

Comment

Working...
              X