Status of Eyefinity Support in Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fryed_1 View Post
    P2210H are the three I have. One off DP and two off the two DVI ports in the back of the 5870.

Yes Eyefinity works fine in Windows XP/7 for a display resolution of 5760x1080.

Ubuntu 10.04 was strange. When installing, it used the 2nd DVI monitor to the right. After install and reboot, it used the center DP monitor. Once I loaded the ATI 10.4 drivers, the 1st DVI and DP monitor (left and center) work fine.

xrandr detects three monitors, but always throws crtc errors when trying to work with the second (right) DVI monitor.

If I unplug a monitor (doesn't matter which) it will work fine with the two monitors that are plugged in no matter if it's DVI/DVI or DVI/DP (even tried VGA and HDMI with the above combinations and that produced the same results)

I can boot over shortly here and get some exact numbers if you want to see them (xorg.conf and xrandr output and all that) but I've spent about 15 hours so far trying to get things up and going and while the two monitors @3840x1080 definitely works great, I'm spoiled to three

for me with an HD5750 its sadly the same! 3 monitors attached (dvi, hdmi, dp) , only 2 working.

xrandr is displaying all 3 , but if i want to enable more than 2 i get crtc errors.

Comment

10.5 is out https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206..._105_linux.pdf

1.) no words about eyefinity

2.) same as with 10.3 and 10.4 (= only 2 displays at the same time possible)

Comment

@Bridgman
        Care to shed some light on this issue and Eyefinity support on linux?
        Im currently planning on three 24" LCDs and a HD5870 myself.

Comment

Originally posted by fryed_1 View Post
          Ubuntu 10.04 was strange. When installing, it used the 2nd DVI monitor to the right. After install and reboot, it used the center DP monitor. Once I loaded the ATI 10.4 drivers, the 1st DVI and DP monitor (left and center) work fine.

I noticed similar weirdness when I did my 10.04 install.

Would really be disappointed if eye6 is disabled in catalyst 10.5, it's the whole reason why I bought this computer was for 1 to 6 heads. Will definitely report back to this thread when I try to config it.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish View Post
            I noticed similar weirdness when I did my 10.04 install.

Would really be disappointed if eye6 is disabled in catalyst 10.5, it's the whole reason why I bought this computer was for 1 to 6 heads. Will definitely report back to this thread when I try to config it.
            Forgot to 'report back'. Obviously, as all of you already know, only 2 monitors are supported in fglrx. Sigh...

Comment

Eyefinity for Linux is in the pipe and we will announce when it's released.
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                Eyefinity for Linux is in the pipe and we will announce when it's released.
                Simply wonderful news.

Comment

It could be xmas the same time too

Comment

Heck, it could be after the sun has collapsed down to a white dwarf...

... but probably won't be that long either
                    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      It could be xmas the same time too
                      or next month...

Comment

Working...
                      X