Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    It could be xmas the same time too
    I'm thinking ATI/AMD may want to remove and repost their FirePro Linux driver release notes, as it clearly states Eyefinity support in the "New Features" section (and it does not state Windows only)...

Comment

I was under the impression that Eyefinity for Linux was supported on FirePRO products already, and that what's coming down the pipe is support for the much larger range of consumer cards. Not 100% sure though...
      Test signature

Comment

Take a pic of it together with an open amdcccle tool that shows the version.

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
          Not sure what they used, but it should be possible with both Xinerama or (more likely) DMX.

I haven't heard of any ATI-specific replacement for those things, neither of plans to provide any. Then again, there's code in fglrx for multi-GPU-cards, not sure if any of that is usuable with multiple GPUs on separate cards.
          The 24 head demo was done in the following way...

4 x 6 head 5k family cards. Each card was in a 3x2 config with randr 1.2 The layout of the individual heads was in the obvious 2x2 config.

The application was X-Plane. X-Plane supports rendering to independent heads (1 master + 3 slaves).

If you look at the eyefinity video on youtube, you see that the top left occasionally gets out of sync. It's not quite getting out of sync, just the X-Plane predictive camera position doesn't handle the position too well. (It kind of does an extrapolation of where the camera should be, and then occasionally has to adjust it back).

You are right, Xinerama wouldn't work in that config (too many large surfaces needing to be copied due to X server internals). Well, it did work, but wasn't usable.

Matthew

Comment

Working...
          X