No announcement yet.

ATI fglrx 8.29.6 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I appreciate knowing that they know the issues.

Comment

I have incorrect Xv video display on TV-out (S-video), and have to use video through OpenGL with flabby appearence. In combination with no TV-out support from the open source drivers, an ati card is a non-starter if you want to use your TV, or your TV hasn't got digital input. I run fglrx 8.29.6 on Ubuntu Dapper, Radeon 9600 AGP on Intel 845. On XP everything works fine. I tried every major distro with the same result. It's also been confirmed as a Bugzilla Bug 309 from february 2006 with no fix yet. Somebody elses sample of the bug at http://folk.uio.no/henger/htpc/ati-pal-tvout.jpg
      Last edited by giorgosts; 12 October 2006, 04:06 AM.

Comment

giorgosts,

Had you tried to enable TexturedVideo? Did that make any difference with TV-out?
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          giorgosts,

Had you tried to enable TexturedVideo? Did that make any difference with TV-out?
          Thanks for the suggestion. Video displays fine, but the performance is the same as with OpenGL overlay, nowhere near Xv video output. Video is displayed as if there is some form of liquid between you and the tv. They have to fix the bug. In the meantime, I can always dual-boot and see the movie and then back to linux.

On the other hand, I have a GEEXBOX liveCD which works amazingly fine. Xv simultaneously on monitor and tv. Performance, colors, contrast better than MSwindows with the new catalyst and everything. It even works on an old Radeon 7500 PCI that ATI doesn't support. How do these guys do it?
          Last edited by giorgosts; 12 October 2006, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working Nicely

Everything is working nicely on 2.6.18 on gentoo. Xgl works nicely as well as X. Does anyone know if there is an AVIVO converter for linux? I'm really likeing how easy the drivers are to install and they just work now. Always had problems with my 9700 and now everything plays nicely, even with my 1900xt

Comment

There currently is no AVIVO converter available under GNU/Linux.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hi all,

Don't realy know where to put this, but i discovered that in FC6 whene you install the ati drivers rounded window corners in gnome look strange, I hade to add to the xorg.conf module section
                Load "extmod"
                to get the rounded corners working as they should. Don't know if anyone else bumped in to this problem, but figured I post it so that if someone is looking for a solution there would bee someware to find it cause I couldent find any soulution to this after 2 nights of searching for some thing to fix it.

Xorg 7.1.1 and ATI-fglrx 8.29.6

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X