Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUSE Linux Is Hooking Up With Btrfs Too

Phoronix: SUSE Linux Is Hooking Up With Btrfs Too

Fedora was the first tier-one Linux distribution shipping with support for optionally installing to a Btrfs file-system for the past year, but in recent weeks the adoption rate of Btrfs looks like it will be quickly rising. Fedora 13 is extending the Btrfs support to offer system rollback support by where a file-system snapshot is created via Btrfs each time a yum transaction takes place. Red Hat recently released the first public beta of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 and it includes Ananconda installation support for RHEL6 onto Btrfs, MeeGo will be using Btrfs by default in this distribution that marries Maemo and Moblin, and Ubuntu is making Btrfs plans where Btrfs may become the default file-system in Ubuntu 10.10. Novell / openSUSE is also getting in bed with Btrfs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

targeting an openSUSE-specific interface
    Thanks for the continuing fragmentation efforts, Novell. Just what Linux needs.

Microvell Linux Ultimate Patented Unfree Dangerous Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post

sigh, so they gone implement it in zypper (which other ditro's are free to use) and then put a shell around it to make it more user friendly (probably somewhere in yast) and it will then work in gnome and kde. They try to solve the issue that you might want to rollback only small parts and not the whole file system and you use that to bash novell.

Just what Linux needs.... indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Xilanaz View Post
        sigh, so they gone implement it in zypper (which other ditro's are free to use) and then put a shell around it to make it more user friendly (probably somewhere in yast) and it will then work in gnome and kde. They try to solve the issue that you might want to rollback only small parts and not the whole file system and you use that to bash novell.

Just what Linux needs.... indeed
        OMG how dare they implement it differently. How dare they service the infrastructure that they have built for their community. How dare they do something completely irrelevant of their deal with MS which has absolutely no baring at all. Lets just throw out all the contributions and development from suse/novell.

Comment

Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post

In case you didn't catch the drift it in my previous post that is possibly the most retarded evaluation I have seen here. Hell I haven't even seen that bad of a connection posted on Slashdot or Semi-Accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            OMG how dare they implement it differently. How dare they service the infrastructure that they have built for their community. How dare they do something completely irrelevant of their deal with MS which has absolutely no baring at all. Lets just throw out all the contributions and development from suse/novell.
            I was being sarcastic, but then so might you have been and ...... oh well nm, I think we mean the same thing

Comment

Working...
            X