No announcement yet.

Epic Games Provides No Hope For UT3 On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's also been proof of people running the native linux client, although obviously they cant login. its coming to linux.

Comment

Originally posted by D?niel Fraga View Post
      Well, maybe they will do like id Software and 10 years from now, release the source, when it will not matter anymore...
      That would be great if they could it do like that for not killing the Linux port work Ryan has already done so far for UT3. Some FPS developers would then fix existing bugs there and make it work...
      but that's only the wish that could not come true.

Comment

Originally posted by geamandura View Post
        Editor,

you forgot to mention Heroes of Newerth!!! That's on Linux and is simply kick ass with very good graphics. Please don't omit it in the future when you enumerate good games.
        I already contacted Phoronix via the contact form, why they didn't released any news about HoN after it was going final last week. I didn't saw any news about HoN since it's final. I would have missed it, if I wasn't already in the "closed BETA".

Comment

There's also been proof of people running the native linux client, although obviously they cant login. its coming to linux
          may be ...
          BUT NOT OFFICIAL by VALVE directly !

the only game not ugly on Gnu/linux is primal carnage (unigine).

Comment

/em Shrugs

So they don't make any money off me. I don't buy Windows games anymore since i completely abandoned Windows. I have bought a number of native GNU/Linux games and will continue to buy from those game companies that support GNU/Linux. To be honest i could care less about Epic Games, i would rather support indie companies anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ebird View Post
              Steam for Linux is official. It was confirmed by Valve.

Source: Telegraph.co.uk
              That is unless, of course, telegraph mistook Phoronix for a legitimate news source for linux stuff, and misinterpreted one of the three dozen recent news articles proclaiming "SOURCE IS COMING TO LINUX!" as confirmation. It is very likely source/steam is coming to linux based on evidence, but until it's confirmed by Valve everyone should just take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

What else to say? Epic??? bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by mum1989 View Post
                  may be ...
                  BUT NOT OFFICIAL by VALVE directly !

the only game not ugly on Gnu/linux is primal carnage (unigine).
                  It has though broken gameplay... so what use is graphics?

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                    Sadly I am not experienced and currently in the midst of my exams...
                    Hm... The only way to become experienced is to attempt...but the exams part's the pain. Hold on to your thoughts there VINCENT, at least until you've got a bit more time to flesh them out further.

Comment

e|p|i|c || f|a|i|l ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                      X