Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mum1989 View Post
    Shadowgrounds a good game ?? 2d view??
    >.< Oh God... You were born in 1989? When did you start gaming? Since Crysis?

2D view totally sucks, that's why game devellopers implemented it in one of the best games of this time:
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    StarCraft II
    Killzone: Liberation
    New Super Mario Bros. (DS and Wii)
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand a shitload more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7VAhzPcZ-s

Comment

Also:

Comment

>.< Oh God... You were born in 1989? When did you start gaming? Since Crysis?
        not crysis, since Delta Force 2(2000) on pc and game boy advance

2D view totally sucks,
        not every time

Killzone: Liberation
        I hate when i play on my psp(2d view)

New Super Mario Bros. (DS and Wii) good game,I prefer Super Mario Galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by mum1989 View Post
          not crysis, since Delta Force 2(2000) on pc and game boy advance
          So you never grew up with PacMan, Pong, Wolfenstein3D (yes I have been playing FPS since I was about 4-6 years old...)

I hate when i play on my psp(2d view)

New Super Mario Bros. (DS and Wii) good game,I prefer Super Mario Galaxy.
          But why do you hate 2,5D (lengt, width and height, not dept) gameplay? I think Killzone Liberation is one of the best games made since the PSX classics (after that the commercialization skyrocketed) because the graphics are usefull and pretty enough and capable of making the environment come alive through animation/movement and interaction, and the gameplay is just everything that was awesome about oldskool gameplay, but then without the limitations developers had back in the day (collision detection, physics, transparancy, particle stuff) and smashed it together.

I also bought a cable to hook up my PSP to larger TV screens with component AV. Do you hate small screens? I can't link that to top-down view in any way...

Comment

So you never grew up with PacMan, Pong, Wolfenstein3D (yes I have been playing FPS since I was about 4-6 years old...)
            ... no never play these games

Do you hate small screens?
            no no , and psp have'got a good screen

But why do you hate 2,5D (lengt, width and height, not dept) gameplay
            hate this 2d gameplay,
            for me Good FPS=3D

but it's exist good 2d game as WOrld of GOo, Super Mario bros, Sonic, worms etc...

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
              It is not .Net or anything else. The problem is that Epic was having financial problems. After UT2004 was released they poured money into the development of the "when it's done/when money runs out" UT3 and sales where more than dissapointing. Icculus wasn't paid for anything and Epic was late on paying him for previous work. Icculus was the middleware.

Icculus' part of the work was his copyright and he didn't want to transfer it to Epic before Epic payed him for what he had done for them in the past. So he waited. But Epic is in financial problems and wanting to port their next title themselves. Epic having to pay not only for a dissapointingly low-selling UT3 wasn't eager to do so in financially bad wheather, especially not when they would also have to pay for Icculus' previous work.

I got this from my own source. This is not some conspiracy theory I like to spread because I damn well know that spreading BS will not only not accomplish anything for me, but lying is only going to end up haunting myself, sooner or later. I can cite the source, because I am not bound by an NDA, but I do not want to get the person fired and dissadvantage somebody else too.

So take it or leave it alone...
              Heh... I'd thought it was a failure to pay for completion deal that cost us things. While this is still rumor (nobody official confirmed it...) it jives with the circumstances AND jives with how I know many of these sorts of contracts pan out.

Man... If they want us to buy their stuff, and this is actually what transpired, they're going to have to do a lot of making up for that catastrophe. They would have been better off losing some extra money in the short term over this if that's what happened.

Comment

Look at this:

Tripwire Interactive, http://www.tripwireinteractive.com/
                * Contracted to port Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 to Linux and Mac OS X.

Comment

Look at this:

Comment

Originally posted by gbudny View Post
                    Look at this:

http://icculus.org/~icculus/resume.txt

Not sure what this has to do with UT3. That game utilizes the UT 2.5 engine.

Comment

Whoa. Seems like icculus "denies" being contracted to do nothing more than an UT3 server port for Linux. (V!NCENT's financial theory just might be correct.)
                      From his resume:
                      Epic Games, Inc., http://www.epicgames.com/
                      * Contracted to port Unreal Tournament 2004 to Linux, Mac OS X, Win64.
                      * Contracted to port Unreal Tournament 2003 to Linux and Mac OS X.
                      * Contracted to port Unreal Tournament 3 server to Linux.

Comment

Working...
                      X