Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8.35.5 driver fails to load on recent Fedora Rawhide (upcoming F7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.35.5 driver fails to load on recent Fedora Rawhide (upcoming F7)

Hi all,

First post to the forum although I have been reading the articles with keen interest. Now about my problem. I have a laptop with an X1300 and Fedora F7 Test 3 updated to the latest Rawhide. Today I build and installed the 8.35.5 drivers/apps, modified my xorg.conf and started X. No go. Apparently some versioning changed in the xorg server part which fglrx disagrees with causing X not to start. It gives this error:

(II) LoadModule: "fglrx"
    (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so
    (II) Module fglrx: vendor="FireGL - ATI Technologies Inc."
    compiled for 7.1.0, module version = 8.35.5
    Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 1.0
    [atiddxSetup] X version mismatch - detected X.org 1.3.-1.905, required X.org 7.1.0.0
    (II) UnloadModule: "fglrx"
    (II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so
    (EE) Failed to load module "fglrx" (module requirement mismatch, 0)

Anyone have an idea if there is a fix for this issue?

Welcome to the forums.

I am the Fedora package maintainer for the official fglrx drivers, and unfortunately there is no fix at this time as the issue relies within the closed source portion of the driver. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it will work either with this month's 8.36 driver release (I tried it and it failed).
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Welcome to the forums.

I am the Fedora package maintainer for the official fglrx drivers, and unfortunately there is no fix at this time as the issue relies within the closed source portion of the driver. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it will work either with this month's 8.36 driver release (I tried it and it failed).
      Thanks for the info Michael. It's not a big issue since it's Rawhide. But it sure would be nice if this issue were fixed when F7 is released. I look forward to the release of 8.36 and play with it. By the way thanks for making it so easy to build the RPM packages. Much appreciated!

Comment

Welcome to the forums.

Hi Michael. Can you confirm that it still does not work with the final release of 8.36.5 (if different from what you already tested)? Thanks!

Comment

I tried like 8.36.3 (internal) and it still didn't work with no luck but will try 8.36.5 shortly.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

I tried last night to build the RPM packages on an up-to-date version of Rawhide and it failed to build, giving the same error as the 8.35 drivers. Was really hoping I might be surprised...

Comment

Originally posted by janl View Post
              I tried last night to build the RPM packages on an up-to-date version of Rawhide and it failed to build, giving the same error as the 8.35 drivers. Was really hoping I might be surprised...
              I am hoping ATI will had server 1.3 support prior to Fedora 7... Otherwise there's going to be lots of hell.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

The New Driver will not work on Rawhide?

oh man -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Cheeky@Boinc View Post
                  The New Driver will not work on Rawhide?

oh man -.-
                  The new driver will not
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

I tried like 8.36.3 (internal) and it still didn't work with no luck but will try 8.36.5 shortly.
                    Don't bother. Just tried it and it fails.

Comment

Working...
                    X