Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by germulvey
    Apparently Doug Lombardi was asked about a linux version of steam to which he replied they were not working on one!!!
    Tell me it's not true?
    http://digitizor.com/2010/08/22/valv...-linux-rumors/
    It's true. You can't get any more official of a word.

Comment

• opps somehow managed to delete when editing -DOH!

""Apparently Doug Lombardi was asked about a linux version of steam to which he replied they were not working on one!!!
      Tell me it's not true?
      http://digitizor.com/2010/08/22/valv...-linux-rumors/""

Comment

• What is really lame imo is that this thing is not a news piece on phoronix. First talking as if it was official -- while it never was -- and then failing to take responsibility for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mat69 View Post
          What is really lame imo is that this thing is not a news piece on phoronix. First talking as if it was official -- while it never was -- and then failing to take responsibility for that.
          That aside how many users are likely to not move to linux now and or move back to windows from linux.
          I myself was looking forward to this to finally shed windows but now it looks like I will have to bite the bullet and stay with windows to allow steam gaming.

Comment

• There are those that "need" steam in order to use linux.
            Linux can live without them.
            What does a native steam client in linux mean if there is no desire to use linux otherwise?

Comment

• mat69, maybe Michael does know something - and 'officials' like to deny things that are just happening in the background. So just do what everybody else should do:
              lean back, relax and don't think about it until there is a release. If there is never one, you did not waste any energy.

Comment

• Can't relax.
                Must... frag ... alien ..... life-forms.
                Wot ! No games!! Open whoopass on Phoronix' backside (jokin').

Comment

• Can't wait!!!!!

Comment

• I sense some developments afoot.
                    GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

Comment

• Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
                      Half-Life 2: Episode 3 cancels out Half-Life 3, so that's one.
                      Portal 2 has been shown, so probably a pack a-la Orange box will hit the store.
                      The third game in that box... what can that be? Ricochet? That one has been missing a Source version so far.

So probably those are the three suprises, I think. Although Valve could do Ep3+Portal2+some other game. OR it's going to be Steam.

Everything else is just wild speculation, but I seriously doubt that they are going to show Half-Life 3; it almost can't be :/

PS: Not to mention there won't be 3 surprises but just 2, 1 or none, knowing Valve a little bit ^^,

Comment

Working...
                      X