Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    This thread is getting sillier and sillier.
    I'm not expecting a direct answer, but I just mailed Valve and asked them if they would debunk that they have any serious intention of porting over to Linux in order to clear up some possible confusion.

Let's see if they will actually deny

Comment

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
      This thread is getting sillier and sillier.
      Well, some people don't want their hopes and dreams crushed by the cold hard weight of reality.

Comment

• Doug is one of Valve heads. I doubt he even had a NDA.

What sort of proof do you need? A video showing Gabe trampling on a Tux plush?

Comment

• Originally posted by sgRevan View Post
          Doug is one of Valve heads. I doubt he even had a NDA.

What sort of proof do you need? A video showing Gabe trampling on a Tux plush?
          To convince people in this thread you need linus in that video

Comment

• Steam will be released for Linux around the time Duke Nukem Forever is released.

Comment

• Originally posted by tux9656 View Post
              Steam will be released for Linux around the time Duke Nukem Forever is released.
              So we are going to wait ... FOREVER :P

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtGarcia View Post
                So we are going to wait ... FOREVER :P
                Don't worry. Dnf is now in the hands of Gearbox and a demo is planned to be released shortly ("I'm feeling this christmas!" -duke).

Comment

• New update:

Oo

Comment

• What happens when OS X gets to 5% ?

Originally posted by Remco View Post
                    Wishful thinking versus logic, indeed. How could wishful thinking ever apply to a scepticist? The wishful thinking is that a Linux client is coming. Logic dictates that it isn't. Maybe they'll start porting when Linux gets to 2% market share. According to my aggregated statistics, that should take about 3 to 5 years.

Comment

• W3Schools offers free online tutorials, references and exercises in all the major languages of the web. Covering popular subjects like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, SQL, Java, and many, many more.

Comment

Working...
                      X