Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered PS3 Portal 2, with steamplay and free PC/Mac copy. You know what would rock my world and be even better? Linux support

Comment

• good job. wish you continued success.

Comment

• wow awsome

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
          I dont see anything special in that. I remember when i first read about l4d for linux and checked it myself. It was just for the dedicated server. The only thing that was more interesting was the not-working steam client. I am sure that you will find linux references in every game based on an engine which has a dedicated linux server.
          It seems to be in client and graphics engine files as well, not just server files.

Comment

• Is this guy a spam bot? only thing that he post are "useful study thank you"!

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
              yes its a spam bot... be nice to him
              Good work Q. That was post 1000 on this thread You can collect your prize on the front desk.

BTW, is Steam here yet? :P

Comment

• Originally posted by devius View Post
                Good work Q. That was post 1000 on this thread You can collect your prize on the front desk.

BTW, is Steam here yet? :P
                It will be here just after Phoronix breakes the Guinesse World Record for the longest thread ever.

Comment

• Quite a long thread indeed. And my first post! I didn't want to look through it all, but I assume the Portal 2 files and previous discoveries were found.

Did anyone mention Postal 3's Source Engine use and native Linux client? It's been confirmed by Running With Scissors; they and their development partners may have been tasked with helping Valve get Source up to par for Linux (which was rumored that Valve was seeking outside help.. from an unnamed Valve employee here in Seattle).

Comment

• Originally posted by SlothLordKarl View Post
                    It's been confirmed by Running With Scissors; they and their development partners may have been tasked with helping Valve get Source up to par for Linux (which was rumored that Valve was seeking outside help.. from an unnamed Valve employee here in Seattle).
                    I haven't heard anything that indicates that this is "confirmed", although, if I recall correctly Running With Scissors said they will hopefully have a Linux version for Postal III, can you back up this statement?

Comment

• It's exactly one year now since the Steam Mac client has been released.
                      Good time to give up hope? I don't want to.

Comment

Working...
                      X