Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Guys, it's still coming...
    Look I know that this is kind of an old quote, but you can't just drop a line like that and leave!

Just a few more hints? Please?

Comment

• He can say what he likes. He owns this site after all. Steam isn't coming to Linux this year. I am 99.99999% sure of this. Mr Phronix is a scumbag imo. Posting shit will increase your ad revenue, but it won't do much for your credibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by the_real_bill View Post
        He can say what he likes. He owns this site after all. Steam isn't coming to Linux this year. I am 99.99999% sure of this. Mr Phronix is a scumbag imo. Posting shit will increase your ad revenue, but it won't do much for your credibility.
        lol, did anyone else get a roll-over ad for the words "ad revenue".

I don't think he's lying. What makes you seven 9's sure it won't? (just curious)

Comment

• Originally posted by the_real_bill View Post
          He can say what he likes. He owns this site after all. Steam isn't coming to Linux this year. I am 99.99999% sure of this. Mr Phronix is a scumbag imo. Posting shit will increase your ad revenue, but it won't do much for your credibility.
          The only scumbag here is you. Smearing people on their own website is just wrong, it isn't like Michael is a politician or something. Anyway, do you not find these pre-alpha builds on Linux (that you can build yourself) slightly odd if they were not going to release a Linux client? Besides that, there are other sites that are also saying that there will be a release by the end of the summer (that aren't quoting Phoronix.) So, get you facts straight or don't post at all. Do I think he shouldn't have used the word "confirmed" yes, do I think it will happen, absolutely. Being the first really popular gaming platform for Linux would be an instant success, so it doesn't surprise me. Besides that, they already ported it to Mac OS X, so it would be fairly trivial to port it to Linux.

Comment

• Look, I'm not sure if I'm stating the obvious here, but that guy is either really upset that Steam hasn't made it to Linux as fast as I'm sure we all would like, or he's trolling.

I know I shouldn't really be talking when it comes to this, but, he has like 6 posts (seven, including the next one he'll no doubt be replying with).

Anyway, to get back on topic, I really hope this is coming soon. Thanks for keeping us hopeful, Micheal. :-D

Comment

• He is trolling and being ignorant which doesn't surprise me at all! I've made my point in my previous posts about this matter. Let's keep hope to see the really possible release of steam on linux by the end of summer or of the year (which is more plausible, imo).

Cheers

Comment

• It would be nice if Steam comes to Linux, but I am not holding out for it. I just can't understand why someone would publish an article about a Steam Client, when Valve hasn't mentioned anything about it. As it stands, the "news" is not official in the slightest. You can't honestly believe the man without factual information. Well, where is the announcment?

Comment

• Again, this thread will be pulled up in a years time when people begin to speculate the release of a steam client. Watch my words...

Comment

• Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
                    Besides that, there are other sites that are also saying that there will be a release by the end of the summer (that aren't quoting Phoronix.)
                    I'm curious to see proof of official confirmation there. I've not seen one single news post around the web concerning Steam and Linux which is not either back-linking to Phoronix (and producing an cycle-logic in turn) or just says "because we say so".

Comment

• Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
                      Smearing people on their own website is just wrong, it isn't like Michael is a politician or something.
                      So it's wrong to set up an account at Stormfront and call the white supremacist douches out for being white supremacist douches? Duly noted.

Anyway, do you not find these pre-alpha builds on Linux (that you can build yourself) slightly odd if they were not going to release a Linux client?
                      Not in the least. Many possible plausible explanations have already been given in the thread. Why re-hash them when it is actually easier for you to read from post 2? Granted if you want to believe every blog on the internet, feel free.

Besides that, there are other sites that are also saying that there will be a release by the end of the summer (that aren't quoting Phoronix.)
                      Of course most of the other sites have been using Phoronix as a source. Except that tabloid which really sets the gold standard of excellence in journalistic accuracy.

So, get you facts straight or don't post at all.
                      Better phrased as: "If you can't bother posting something that I agree with don't post at all."

Until there is an announcement from Valve it is just a rumor with a lot of people raising Phoronix page hits that probably haven't blocked his ads.

Comment

Working...
                      X