Four Indie Games Going Open-Source!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
    The games in Ubuntu's standard installation are there because they're free as beer, and I guess a Solitaire or Sudoku doesn't take much space on the CD.
    They are free as in speech, not free as in beer. Besides, they are the default games in gnome, so that's a large part of why they are there.

That doesn't mean they don't suck, though (except for one or two).

I still think a single game from this bundle would be worth more than 7 or 8 games shipping currently. License caveats mean this probably won't happen, though.

Comment

I don't think it will happen. Frozen Bubble is better than most KDE/GNOME games, but it is not installed by default anywhere AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
        I don't think it will happen. Frozen Bubble is better than most KDE/GNOME games, but it is not installed by default anywhere AFAIK.
        Yeah, that's a shame. Not kidding, Frozen Bubble is terribly fun and addictive.

Instead we get Mahjongg, Klotski and Gbrainy, ugh.

Comment

Neverball is another one.

There are enough really cool foss games around, don't know why they aren't installed by default. Perhaps some of them don't work on all machines (3d acceleration, etc), but at least Frozen Bubble works everywhere, and is awesome.

Comment

Penumbra:Overture's just been opened up under GPL3 http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/...en-source.html

Git here http://github.com/FrictionalGames

Interesting times ahead for open-source gaming...

Comment

Originally posted by puntarenas View Post
              [...] plays like a charm under Fedora 13
              I must admit that was a lie. I compared it to the Windows version now and while the Linux version is playable, scrolling is so much smoother under Windows. I didn't realize the slight stuttering first, but now that I know how it has to perform, I would love to see some performance tweaks too.

Comment

I was talking about Aquaria, forgot to mention that and now I wasn't able to edit my post.

Comment

Working...
                X