No announcement yet.

Red Hat Talks About Nouveau, Open-Source Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By not buying Intel I am of course reffering to their GPU's, although I am AMD all the way given the simple fact that they make greener products and give you more compute power for your money. So unless you plan on buying $1.000 processors you'd be kinda stupid to buy an Intel CPU...

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
      Do I really need to spell this out?

Intel is a large company, employing a lot of developers to work on and support Linux, in many cases having the best support available today.

Telling people to not buy any of their products because of the PowerVR fiasco will send the wrong message. By all means, don't buy the GMA500/600 stuff, but an all out boycott of Intel will result in a lot of collateral damage.
      So If I'm hearing you right... Intel is awesome and potentially supports linux in awesome ways, it just simply continually fails to bring the awesome when needed over and over again, but if we complain about it they will continue to stop bringing the supposed awesome that it doesn't bring.
      Exactly how do you use all the things you don't do for a person or community to make it fear losing all these things you don't do.

Don't mess with us or we'll stop screwing up GCC and only screw up Microsoft C.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

No, Intel is a big company, and fails in some ways, and works very well in some other ways. I'm not saying you shouldn't complain about the situation with the GMA500/600, by all means, we should. But we should also keep in mind and support Intel for the good they do.

Comment

No, Intel is a big company, and fails in some ways, and works very well in some other ways. I'm not saying you shouldn't complain about the situation with the GMA500/600, by all means, we should. But we should also keep in mind and support Intel for the good they do.
          No; we should only buy products that are FLOSS supported and ban others.

The inpact should now be big enough to notice...

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
            No; we should only buy products that are FLOSS supported and ban others.

The inpact should now be big enough to notice...
            Yes, apologies if I didn't make myself clear, but that's exactly my point. Intel makes a lot of products with superb FLOSS support, buy those instead, not the GMA500/600.

Comment

Yes, apologies if I didn't make myself clear, but that's exactly my point. Intel makes a lot of products with superb FLOSS support, buy those instead, not the GMA500/600.
              The problem is that there *ARE NO ALTERNATIVES* in the market segment covered by those products.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                The problem is that there *ARE NO ALTERNATIVES* in the market segment covered by those products.
                Then buy a new battery for your netbook and wait a little untill Intel does come out with solid IGP's, AMD's CPU+GPU chip comes around... or just not buy proprietary shit. If there isn't another way then don't buy such products. There are many laptops enough with a Radeon. Desktops is easy money;: you can even get one for as much as $15 or something, rendering it a non-issue.

I would also like to have an Xbox360 because they are cheap as hell. It is the Playstation 1 of today. The problem is is that it is Microsoft. I refuse to buy their crap. Simple as that. A PSP will do fine.

Comment

Hello bitches!!!

So you wanted an AMD Neo plus ATI/AMD 3200 netbook without the Windows OS? Here you go: http://techreport.com/articles.x/18883

Problem solved, thread closed...

Comment

No touchscreen, no dual core, old tech

Comment

stupid glossy display. Next!

(I'm actually looking for a new netbook right now, but didn't find any with a workable resolution and no glossy display)

Comment

Working...
                      X