No announcement yet.

At This Rate, Don't Be Surprised If You See Steam Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At This Rate, Don't Be Surprised If You See Another Post On Phoronix About Steam Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
      At This Rate, Don't Be Surprised If You See Another Post On Phoronix About Steam Soon
      True too, but it is nice that at what phase this goes on even with a lot of fixes are submitted by community. I am confident valve is making linux client and giving some attention to it right after mac client is shipping...

Beside i like follow how things go on with steam.

Comment

I wonder if this was their plan all along...

Comment

sooo much misinformation.. and the overlooked elephant in the room:

What good is a steam client without native games?

Comment

I wouldn't doubt that Valve was working on a Linux Steam client and perhaps a port of the Source engine to give it some content. But at this point I think it's kind of jumping the shark. In that these could be tentative and experimental development. Valve to my knowledge has yet to announce their intentions. Considering how much of an investment Steam and Source would be on Linux especially when you consider that it would have to be supported into an unknown future time I would take all of this with a grain of salt until Valve puts down some official intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
              nice...but the only one who actually "ports" steam to linux is the phoronix community (or parts of them). Not Valve. I doubt that there ever was a "real" linux client. Instead I believe that from the beginning, ppl were hacking the mac client and ported it to linux...
              Sure and they did all that in machine code

Comment

hey, there are enough people who wouldnt like to see a (successful) steam client for linux, for example microsoft and apple and perhaps sony and nintendo. who tells me that none of them buys/influences valve not to release their steam linux client or turn it into an expensive piece of crap with three games available for it of which one might even work with certain graphics cards? :P

i'll wait for an announcement from valve and cheer afterwards.

Comment

Microsoft, Apple, Sony and Nintendo altogether have no interest whatever in Linux or getting stuff running there. These guys really are the last ones looking to push Linux gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
                    Microsoft, Apple, Sony and Nintendo altogether have no interest whatever in Linux or getting stuff running there. These guys really are the last ones looking to push Linux gaming.
                    That's what he was saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                      I like to be kept update with this stuff.

Traditional powerful games has always been the most obstacle to linux's spreading..

Comment

Working...
                      X