Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Z6xx Moorestown Graphics Still Disappoint

Phoronix: Intel Z6xx Moorestown Graphics Still Disappoint

Last night Intel finally announced the Intel Atom Processor Z6xx Series Family, which has been known under the Moorestown codename for quite a while and is something we first reported on back in 2007. With the new Atom Z6xx processors Intel is hoping it will propel their Atom brand within more smart-phones, tablets, and other mobile Internet devices, but these low-power processors will likely end up in some netbooks too. Unfortunately, the graphics for the Moorestown / Atom Z7xx platform is still looking to be a major disappointment to Linux users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I love my all-AMD machines. I will do everything in my power to avoid funding Intel until they stop this BS.

Comment

Originally posted by waucka View Post
      I love my all-AMD machines. I will do everything in my power to avoid funding Intel until they stop this BS.
      I agree with you here. AMD cpu + video looks better and better now.

Comment

What the hell. What are they thinking? Dump that company.

Comment

What the hell is intel doing? Fuck them. And anyways, we don't need your shitty gpu vga. Long life to AMD.

Michael, please start talking bad about Intel. At least nvidia has some coherence with their "working/stable" binary blob for linux.

Comment

Its sad. until poulsbo, you knew that intel on linux would "just work". I could reccomend an intel solution to anybody with only the wifi being a possible caveat. Now there is this large swath that must be avoided at all costs, and is not too easy to explain to the lay person.

Comment

The PowerVR core is the same core that is used on most smart phones, including android phones. While unfortunate, I don't see how this puts Intel at a disadvantage in the smart phone market when compared to other handsets with the same graphics core.

Comment

Wow, just wow. I can't believe the immaturity of the comments in this thread. You would think Intel was using bits of babies in this GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by jbrown96 View Post
                  Wow, just wow. I can't believe the immaturity of the comments in this thread. You would think Intel was using bits of babies in this GPU.
                  This is a betrayal. Intel gained our trust by making sure that their hardware worked under Linux with open-source drivers. Now, they put their name on hardware that does not work reliably under Linux due to the use of closed-source drivers. We have every right to be angry.

Intel's dangerously large market share ensures that these chipsets end up in a lot of netbooks, making it more difficult to find one that does not use them.

Comment

Originally posted by jbrown96 View Post
                    You think it's acceptable behaviour of Intel? This is going to work like shit on Linux. If Intel would allow such bad drivers on Windows, the company would get sued.

Comment

Working...
                    X