No announcement yet.

The Humble Indie Bundle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like no one's said anything about it yet. I've been hanging out in the IRC room and I read that if the bundle reaches $1 million USD, then Lugaru, Gish, and Penumbra: Overture will all become open source!

Also, Frictional Games is offering the entire Penumbra series for $5 to people who've bought the bundle!

Comment

Actually, both of these have been mentioned earlier in the thread.

Anyway, nice to see the offer of source confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        The biggest problem is that the LINUX games - except World of Goo block the keyboard/mouse so you can not leave the game even in windowed mode, thats stupid. Do we need to use wine to get that feature or what...
        I strongly suspect that they've set SDL_WM_GrabInput to on (which is something I'd wish SDL had never implemented- people keep using it wrongly...). I'm pretty sure if the right people (You're one of them, by the by, Kano...) were to mention that it is a problem and a bit of the why they might issue patches for the current titles and not do it with future ones.

Comment

Both Lugaru and Aquaria suffers from this "feature", and both were ported by Ryan Gordon, shouldn't he know better?

(It makes debugging from gdb a real PITA...)

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
            Actually, both of these have been mentioned earlier in the thread.

Anyway, nice to see the offer of source confirmed.
            Indeed. They're at over a half million dollars sent in (I just added another $30 for a gift to my brother because it was such a nifty deal to begin with...)- at the rate things are going, they might just hit that million mark. I'd like for them to actually do that- it'd hammer home the point they and I have been telling people for a while now.

Might even get the big boys to wise up a bit (A cool million on this little PR stunt would be definitely turning heads in the AAA crowd- a million is a hell of a lot of money for "pick your price"...)

Comment

@Svartalf

Could you try the games and maybe patch sdl? That could be easyly replaced i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                @Svartalf

Could you try the games and maybe patch sdl? That could be easyly replaced i think.
                I'll look into it here in a bit (since I bought 'em myself... )- but I don't know if they'd accept that sort of patch upstream. This is more of a situation where the developer is doing something that's not so advised with the library and need a bit of education (and if they did that one, they kinda do... ).

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
                  Both Lugaru and Aquaria suffers from this "feature", and both were ported by Ryan Gordon, shouldn't he know better?

(It makes debugging from gdb a real PITA...)
                  There is a reason I don't use it- and it doesn't help much with things when you've done it these days.

As for him "knowing better", I'd have to ask whether there was a reason he did it- or if it was out of habit. Used to, you needed to do that to make it work right for the class of games Loki ported.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedDB View Post
                    Now you can get:
                    World of Goo
                    Aquaria
                    Gish
                    Lugaru
                    Penumbra Overture

For whatever price you want!
                    Pay what you want. Support charity. Get awesome games.

Instant buy for me at least! ^^
                    Thanks for the information! I bought it, and I suggest others do so too!

Comment

@Svartalf

I tested a binary hack with aquaria, now you can leave the game in window mode, replace "jmp SDL_WM_GrabInput" by "ret nop nop nop nop" and "call SDL_WM_GrabInput" by "nop nop nop nop nop". Better would be when alt-tab would just always work.

Comment

Working...
                      X