Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server 1.8.1 Gets Into Shape With RC2

Phoronix: X.Org Server 1.8.1 Gets Into Shape With RC2

The first release candidate for X.Org Server 1.8.1 was only released seven days ago, but since then a good amount of fixes have already worked their way into the X.Org 1.8 series branch for this first point release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is the memory leak that affected Ubuntu fixed in this?

Comment

I thought that Ubuntu 10.04 was still using X.org 1.7.x, but I could very well be mistaken.

If it hasn't been fixed already, I'm guessing it will be soon. It could also have been something that the Ubuntu developers introduced themselves with all of the backporting madness they were doing (although that was more related to the drm layer).

Comment

They backported some stuff from xserver 1.8 and that included the memory leakage. Although, as far as I know it was not there fault.
        It has already been fixed, at least in Ubuntu.

Comment

Too bad that the pbuffer inclusion didn't happen for 1.7 or 1.8. No WebGL until August I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by HokTar View Post
            They backported some stuff from xserver 1.8 and that included the memory leakage. Although, as far as I know it was not there fault.
            It has already been fixed, at least in Ubuntu.
            You mean dropping some backported patches as a fix? ;-)

Comment

I thought that they backported a bug introduced by 1.8 into their 1.7-frankstein xorg-server and that caused the issues in Ubuntu 10.04. Because of that, I am under the impression that issue is also present in 1.8.

Comment

Working...
              X