• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you have no direct knowledge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
      So you have no direct knowledge.
      So you're suggesting that I spend $500 on a card many are reporting problems with, and when I find issue with it then tough, just put the nVidia card back in and consider it $500 well spent?

Are you prepared to refund the $500? And even if you said you would, I'm not sure I'd have any reason to believe you'd actually come through with it.

Comment

• According to OP you have no right to speak.

You, Linux users, owners of ATI cards, would you please tell if it's possible to do the combination Linux/ATI and still play performance demanding games (on wine and natively)?

Comment

• This is the cheapest 5870 I can find from a reputable local dealer.

Would likely go for one of the ones with a better cooler (for quieter operation) so am more probably looking at about $580. So if you're so sure I'll have NO issues can I bank on you refunding me in the case of fglrx issues?

Comment

According to OP you have no right to speak.

You, Linux users, owners of ATI cards, would you please tell if it's possible to do the combination Linux/ATI and still play performance demanding games (on wine and natively)?
            And given that even ATI fanbois are very cautious and guarded when it comes to wine can you seriously recommend he buy an ATI card?

Comment

• Yes! give me the money and your computer , i buy it and configure it, so you will have a pleasant experience, with your 580$! you will never forget me

Comment

• Originally posted by dmrauss View Post
                What's wrong with describing the situation as it is. fglrx will run some thing under wine, and not others. nVidia will do a better job than will fglrx. The FOSS drivers aren't really appropriate for wine usage in most cases. If you have a look through this thread you'll find that they are my salient points. Do you believe fglrx will do a better job with wine? If so, simply say so. I'm sure he'll read it and take your comments on board along with the statements made by others and make up his own mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by mugginz View Post
                  And given that even ATI fanbois are very cautious and guarded when it comes to wine can you seriously recommend he buy an ATI card?
                  You obviously have problems to read, who has recommended ati to him? please quote the entire post

Comment

Yes! give me the money and your computer , i buy it and configure it, so you will have a pleasant experience, with your 580$! you will never forget me
                    You seem to have that around the wrong way. (should I be surprised?)

Comment

You obviously have problems to read, who has recommended ati to him? please quote the entire post
                      Well if you're saying that he should buy nVidia, then we agree. If you're saying he should by ATI then we disagree. If you're not saying either then you're simply sprouting rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                      X