amazing improvement in wine support and OSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amazing improvement in wine support and OSS

guyz, i tried to run the most important game for me in wine using the OSS drivers, well i was actually surprised that it almost works, hell nice peeps.

aka
    * the game load perfectly fine, yes no sigsegv, no nothing
    * beside the ovbious the framerate is very playable, maybe 40ish fps
    * i try to test everything in game and it works, again beside the ovbious

here is the proof

now if someone what means the error in console, maybe fixing that the game can run just fine

awesome

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    guyz, i tried to run the most important game for me in wine using the OSS drivers, well i was actually surprised that it almost works, hell nice peeps.

aka
    * the game load perfectly fine, yes no sigsegv, no nothing
    * beside the ovbious the framerate is very playable, maybe 40ish fps
    * i try to test everything in game and it works, again beside the ovbious

here is the proof

now if someone what means the error in console, maybe fixing that the game can run just fine

awesome
    Lol, wut, why you have put swastika on KDE menu button?

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
      Lol, wut, why you have put swastika on KDE menu button?
      jajaja mybad im trying a theme set of windows 7 for kde in my rig rigth now, so i forgot i have those icons left. is not the best way to introduce linux to windows ppl, but most of my clients are really under average joe's so they need something familiar if you dont want to produce them a stroke or and CVA

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
        If you're using r600, try removing libtxc_dxtn or disabling S3TC texture compression in driconf.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
          If you're using r600, try removing libtxc_dxtn or disabling S3TC texture compression in driconf.
          you were rigth

the game is playable just filter texture and advanced shader arent working, but is quite an a achievment

thx, men. in the console is another error which i think is stencil extension is not hardware accelerated

Comment

That's cool

I'm quite surprised how well things are working with Wine too, but on the Intel side.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
              That's cool

I'm quite surprised how well things are working with Wine too, but on the Intel side.
              yeah i agree, is impressive that such a young driver that is not even full accelerated or optimized or feature complete can handle already some commercial games like lineage2 in wine without core glitches (i mean all the goodies in fglrx like the famous sigsegv ), ofc it still missing some extensions here and there but like i said is already playable, just that is impresive

keep the good work mesa/OSS ppl you are doing great

Comment

civ4 is near to be playable !

hey I've upgraded to lucid a few weeks ago, and tonight I've tested xorg edgers repository.
                I'm able to start civ4 (under wine of course !), and the perf are goog enough with an hd4650. the only problem is that the main screen is black

Comment

Working...
                X