Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nvidia deside to abadon opensource, I deside to abadon Nvidia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by md1032 View Post
    crazycheese, you don't seem to get it. The code is *shared*, so you could just as easily say that the Windows driver is based on the Linux driver.

This is what you get when you develop completely separate drivers instead of sharing code: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=ODIwMQ
    I get it pretty well! I get who invests in linux stack, I get who invests in opensource, I get who provides hardware working on this drivers. The code is windows and linux gets IO remap. The so called "portable", "shared" code is always performing in OpenGL better in windows than in linux. Get to any Doom3 test windows vs linux and see for yourself. This test were first place where I started to undertand how nvidia really works. Linux is always lagging behind, and in the only tests where it gets forward are thanks to raw kernel performance, but not the driver.

Intel is different in the matter for their hardware is inferior in 3D at the moment physically. Good that I have used AMD instead of ie-530 as Intel seems too to favour windows driver team.

I stay with AMD and support them, sorry no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
      I don't understand the logic here.

AMD is investing a LOT of effort into helping open source drivers. LOADS.

nVidia is not investing anything.

Suggesting that these are somewhat equal is just wrong.
      quoteworthy true.

Comment

bump, so people can vote.

Comment

Working...
        X