Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There Is No Doubt, Steam Is Coming To Linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Steam comes to Linux it?s the time i will start to buy original games

Comment

• Originally posted by elect View Post
      If Steam comes to Linux it?s the time i will start to buy original games
      What's stopping you from doing so right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by whizse View Post
        What's stopping you from doing so right now?
        Dont misunderstand, I have some original and some not

the main reason is the time, the money and the being sure you will finish it

I know it?s wrong, but i am honest and this is my point of view

Comment

• Originally posted by elect View Post
          Dont misunderstand, I have some original and some not

the main reason is the time, the money and the being sure you will finish it

I know it?s wrong, but i am honest and this is my point of view
          yeah same here, lol

Comment

• I was mostly curios about waiting for Steam before buying games. Steam on Linux might or might not happen, the best way to convince Valve (and everyone else) is to continue buying native Linux titles.

Keep supporting LGP and the indies.

Comment

• In this thread a lot of people seem worried about Valve ending their linux efforts (if any) because of experiments with their product.

Serious, if Valve wants to come to linux, their motivation will not change because of anything as trivial as experimenting with their products or code.

Comment

• New update released today from Valve!
                This time all files were updated except libsteam.so, Good enough!
                This means the patches don't apply anymore, but i got it to work again, but it doesn't look any different and still no fonts unfortunately.
                However, this time i didn't need to skip checking the return value of InitGlobalInstance() like in the past, seems like they fixed the bugs in it or something. I simply changed all dlopen() calls in steamui.so to RTLD_LAZY instead of RTLD_NOW again.
                Screenshot:

Comment

• Patch for the current steamui.so:

Changes from original steamui.so: Changed all dlopen() calls in steamui.so to use RTLD_LAZY instead of RTLD_NOW.

Comment

• For more awesomenism of mastertheknife and espe's work, look no further:

Yes, this is the main Steam window.

Comment

• Steam on Linux

I record a short vide of the current status of steam, (i have auto login in run.sh).
                      Thanks to all the others that have provided patches to get it working so far.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                      X