Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetway NC84-LF

Phoronix: Jetway NC84-LF

While Jetway is not one of the most popular brands of motherboards among enthusiasts, they do offer a nice variety of mini ITX motherboards, such as the NC92 IPC and NC96-510-LF motherboards that we have reviewed at Phoronix. Both of these petite motherboards have been built around the Intel Atom processor, but for those looking to find a mini ITX motherboard that can harness a bit more power, there is the Jetway NC84. The Jetway NC84 is what we are testing out today under Linux, which is a mini ITX motherboard that can handle up an AMD Phenom processor, sports an ATI Radeon HD 4200 IGP, and four Serial ATA 2.0 ports capable of RAID 0/1/5/10.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Coder

Hi

I like what I see in the spec of this motherboard- it should be a really nice product. However, it is impossible to buy it anywhere. I looked through google products, amazon, ebay. There is only one seller in US selling it. No sellers in UK.

Could Jetway get its act together and actually start selling these in Europe & US? I know it is a new product, but it has been listed in Jetway's website for a while now.

--Coder

Comment

I'm still waiting for a micro-ATX motherboard without an onboard GPU. But it looks like there's no marked for those.

Comment

Jetway has always seemed over-priced from my perspective for any type of home computer, and from what I have seen, user reviews indicate a complete lack of customer support, and mediocre reliability. I have no personal experience with the brand, but I am scared away by the user reviews that I've seen. For home built ITX projects, I think that Zotac has a stronger line-up right now. I do have a Zotac nvidia/intel board, and it has been rock solid running Ubuntu 9.04 and then upgraded to 9.10 for about a year now. Pretty much running 24/7 as an HTPC. Granted, Zotac is not a premium brand either, but their prices are more reasonable than Jetway.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
          Hi

I like what I see in the spec of this motherboard- it should be a really nice product. However, it is impossible to buy it anywhere. I looked through google products, amazon, ebay. There is only one seller in US selling it. No sellers in UK.

Could Jetway get its act together and actually start selling these in Europe & US? I know it is a new product, but it has been listed in Jetway's website for a while now.

--Coder
          Linitx has a pretty good selection of this kind of items:
          Wireless and Networking Experts. UK based distributor of MikroTik RouterBoards, Ubiquiti Master Distributor including Unifi and airMax. Supplier of routers, firewalls. IT and Networking consultancy.

Comment

Just got one of these to setup up a FreeNAS box. I'll post the goodies when I get it setup. Waiting on arrival as we speak.

Comment

I have a Jetway board with a horrible name (random numbers and letters mixed is the type name) with a VIA chipset and VIA C7 Eden. The thing is really neat when it comes to being passively cooled and power consumption. Speed is fairly good for a 1,2 GHz single core. (Gentoo compiling) But it has a few hiccups, a few strange things happen that I do not experience on my other boxes. And the GPU support sucks but that's VIA's fault.
              Support is indeed quite low, got a BIOS update once with minimum description. Fine if you want to build a low power file server or something but don't expect too much.
              Was sold quite expensive for the small form factor (mini ITX are always more expensive).
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
              X