Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Takes Advantage Of OpenGL 4.0

Phoronix: Unigine Takes Advantage Of OpenGL 4.0

It was just shy of a month ago when Unigine Heaven 2.0 was released with Linux support and it showed what Linux gaming can look like while slaughtering your graphics card. Unigine Corp, the company responsible for this multi-platform game engine, though hasn't been sitting around idly since the Heaven 2.0 release, but they have in fact been moving forward with great improvements their game engine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Unigine Takes Advantage Of OpenGL 4.0

It was just shy of a month ago when Unigine Heaven 2.0 was released with Linux support and it showed what Linux gaming can look like while slaughtering your graphics card. Unigine Corp, the company responsible for this multi-platform game engine, though hasn't been sitting around idly since the Heaven 2.0 release, but they have in fact been moving forward with great improvements their game engine...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODE2MQ
    Unless they release something this article is pretty pointless

Comment

You copied over the spelling error: CrosssFireX, instead of CrossFireX.

Comment

Well i really like to see that new engine in action. Particually i want to know if the OpenGL 4 tesselation is faster than the AMD_vertex_shader_tessellator. That was extremly slow. In some DX11 unigine heaven comparisons the nvidia gtx 470/480 was really shining with tesselation compared to ati hd 5850/5870. Now i want to see Linux results...

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
          Ehm... it's news? Have the 6.13 drivers been released before that was considdered news? Oh shit... I couldn't resists

Comment

Well well well.. It will be an interesting benchmark: DX11 Tesselation vs OGL4 tesselation.. Linux OGL4 vs Win7 OGL4 etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              Well i really like to see that new engine in action. Particually i want to know if the OpenGL 4 tesselation is faster than the AMD_vertex_shader_tessellator. That was extremly slow. In some DX11 unigine heaven comparisons the nvidia gtx 470/480 was really shining with tesselation compared to ati hd 5850/5870. Now i want to see Linux results...
              Well that's mainly because HD58xx has only one tessellator and GTX470/480 has like 12 of them ? or 16. Don't remember the exact number but it's something like this. I'm not really a fanboy of ATI or NVIDIA, but I just think that increasing those tessellation units would greatly help ATI here

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                Believe me, your post is pointless compared to michael's

and maybe I just wasted my time replying!

Comment

Originally posted by Tares View Post
                  Well that's mainly because HD58xx has only one tessellator and GTX470/480 has like 12 of them ? or 16. Don't remember the exact number but it's something like this. I'm not really a fanboy of ATI or NVIDIA, but I just think that increasing those tessellation units would greatly help ATI here
                  No, ATI is using a piece of fixed-function hardware to do the tesselation while NVidia is hooking it straight into the programmable shader hardware. NVidia's technique is probably the superior one, it's definitely better in their high end cards. I would expect the low-end ATI cards to blow away low end Fermi's, though, since they wouldn't scale performance down like the nvidia cards would. Well, when they actually exist that is - right now nvidia only supports tesselation in the very top of their high-end cards.

Comment

Working...
                  X