Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Derivatie IS a basic math skill...
    I am sorry to say I can find a handful of people who disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by screemo View Post
      Actually it would be more interesting to see how the performance of the resulting applications is affected by the new gcc optimizations. The build process itself is something you only do once in a while, but if the programs run faster its worthwhile the extra initial build time.
      I completely agree! The benchmarks should use options like -O3 -march=native -fexcess-precision=fast -ftree-parallelize-loops=[n] -floop-parallelize-all -floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -floop-block

and if possible -flto in compile and link time to see the ACTUAL differences in performance of the resulting compiled code.

Or at least compile with and without these options... Or who knows, even use Acovea to determine the best compile options

This website is for sale! coyotegulch.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, coyotegulch.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Or just benchmarking the usual way:

Comment

Originally posted by Xake View Post
        I am sorry to say I can find a handful of people who disagree.
        What the f- In what part of this planet are your living?

Seriously... In my country, in high school, even before one gets to decide what way one would like to go to (society retaled crap, economics, biology & technology or physics and technology), even at the average skill leven (that includes once level above concrete mixing xD), this is teached.

But then again that's why the above average learn path in our education system is counted as university grade in the US xD Imagine what University is here

Comment

What the f- In what part of this planet are your living?

Seriously... In my country, in high school, even before one gets to decide what way one would like to go to (society retaled crap, economics, biology & technology or physics and technology), even at the average skill leven (that includes once level above concrete mixing xD), this is teached.

But then again that's why the above average learn path in our education system is counted as university grade in the US xD Imagine what University is here
          I live in Sweden, and I must say that the schools here has declined. We have a 9 year obligatory school where you never really learn anything more then at most how to handle variables and functions (and this in a form that makes people *hate* math). Then we have a three-year-long semi-obligatory where you have the possibility to choose (unless you choose "science" for which that course is obligatory) to read "Math C" where you learn how to derive. Then if you are one of those really cool kids and also read "Math D" you will even learn about Integrals...

And I am sorry to say that I have known people not wanting to read "Math C" because they had problems in "Math B" (which essentially is trigonometry).

If that says more about the people or more about the schools/teachers which sometimes really sucks at what they should do, that is up to the reader of this post to decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Xake View Post
            I live in Sweden[...]
            Your education system is seriously fscked up : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Sweden

Comment

our education system is seriously fscked up
              By what means? That Wikipedia article is a little too large to comprehend where you got the fsck from.

Comment

Your education system is seriously fscked up : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Sweden
                You tell me.

It seems like the current regime also place more money and time on stuff like "order in the classroom" (and also doing that all wrong) then on actually fix the current flaws in the education system.

Comment

It would be interesting to compare gcc 4.5 vs gcc 4.5 + dragonegg when llvm 2.7 is released.

Comment

Would love to see some app performance benchmarks on an Atom, since GCC 4.5 now has Atom-aware compile-time optimizations...

Comment

Whaddaya mean what is wrong with this type of system?
                      -There are classes where concrete mixers and the brightest of minds are at the same time being teached the same thing by the same teacher.
                      -there is no competetive challenge
                      -there is no motivation spark
                      -teens, in the midsg of their fsck you period are having to choose whether to either study as poor, or get a job so they can buy a playstation and trendy cloths so they can fit in and fsck the hot chicks...
                      -there is no sufficient knowledge until they can go to uni...

... need I continue?

Comment

Working...
                      X