Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want To Get Into Radeon Driver Programming? Read This.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want To Get Into Radeon Driver Programming? Read This.

Phoronix: Want To Get Into Radeon Driver Programming? Read This.

If you've been wanting to get involved with the open-source ATI Radeon driver development process or you simply want a better understanding of how the open-source Linux graphics drivers work (particularly for ATI hardware), there's some great reading material for you this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Perfect!

Commence reading session...

Comment

Fantastic!

That's great to see the development cycle of linux graphics running into such a healthy orbit. It is hard but is also attractive. Nice job!

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Thats fantastic. Thanks for bring it to my attention.

I really hope he continues. I've been wanting to contribute to the ATI OSS driver for a long time but I don't how or where to start. CLI/GUI programming seems like such a different world from something lower level(kernel/driver).

Comment

I also like the idea of this blog. Good work :-)

Comment

This is great. There are probably lots of developers out there, like myself, who are interested in contributing but have no idea where to start. I look forward to reading this.

Comment

Now this is epic!

This should have been an article more than a news post stuffed away in a tiny column on the right side of the website!

_O_

Comment

This is really good to see from a point of general understanding. However, there's still not a lot volunteer devs can do until the kernel has support for acceleration enabled (Still needs a blitting shader).

Comment

Very much appreciated, already looking forward to the next post!

Comment

Working...
                    X