Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking A Hit With ATI Graphics In Fedora 13 Beta

Phoronix: Taking A Hit With ATI Graphics In Fedora 13 Beta

With the release of Fedora 13 Beta earlier this week we have been testing out this Red Hat update on a few of our test systems. One area of interest to us has been to see how the open-source graphics are performing with Fedora 13, since after all Red Hat is known to always ship the very latest DRM/Mesa/DDX bits in Fedora due to all of their upstream involvement and this week is also the Fedora 13 Graphics Test Week. We already looked at the direction of Intel graphics with Fedora 13, so our next target was testing out the open-source ATI graphics with this Linux desktop release that is codenamed Goddard. In this article, we have ATI R500 tests using their open-source driver stack as we test out the OpenGL performance and the power consumption, compared to Fedora 12.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

? Anyone here that has a clue about why this is happening?

Comment

Is it necessary to have "radeon.dynpm=1" in the grub config file too have powersaving enabled?

I use also Fedora 13 Beta, but with the option "dmesg output" at the boot line I cannot boot it, because of a bug where I cannot access the encypted home partition.

Here I read about the Power management with radeon on Ubuntu, there it is said that it is possible to check the power management with "dmesg output". It looks like I dont have powersaving enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
        ? Anyone here that has a clue about why this is happening?
        Well one factor is that the beta is shipping with a debug kernel build [1]

1: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KernelDebugStrategy

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrin View Post
          Is it necessary to have "radeon.dynpm=1" in the grub config file too have powersaving enabled?

I use also Fedora 13 Beta, but with the option "dmesg output" at the boot line I cannot boot it, because of a bug where I cannot access the encypted home partition.

Here I read about the Power management with radeon on Ubuntu, there it is said that it is possible to check the power management with "dmesg output". It looks like I dont have powersaving enabled.
          sorry there is a mistake in my above post, the red writing should be replaced with "radeon.dynpm=1"

Comment

its like talking to a deaf mute

Michael, can you please stop running pointless benchmarks like this?

F13 Beta is using a debug kernel its designed to run slower to help us find problems. If you can't modify the article with the truth how about you ask someone first?

For anyone interested in reality, debug kernels slow shit down, yet another pointless benchmark comparing and apple and an orange.

Comment

Working...
            X