Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix on eval boiard

Hi,

I am benchmarking an evaluation board for ARM Cortex-A9 processors which has a linux kernel and a basic shell (BusyBox) but no compiler - all executables must be cross-compiled on a host system.

Just looking at Phoronix's documentation, it looks like I may have to undertake some development to make Phoronix work in this scenario.

Has anyone done anything similar, or would you have any idea how hard it would be to make this work?

Thanks

Robert Pinsker
    ST-Ericsson UK Ltd.

Hi Robert,

The Phoronix Test Suite has no built-in support for an easy cross-compiling setup, but it still should be possible with minimal work.

You can build the binaries elsewhere and then transfer the resulting contents to ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/. By default all tests are installed to ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/ so if you are able to build the ARM-capable binaries elsewhere you can drag and drop them in. Afterwards just use the "run" command to run the benchmarks. You may be prompted though about reinstalling the tests as it may detect you didn't build the binaries on the host system, in which case just ignore the option of reinstalling them.

Let me know if that works for you or if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Michael Larabel
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Michael. Sounds much like what I had to do to run lmbench.

Regards

Robert.

Comment

Another thought: What about PHP? Is this essential on the target? If so will I have to build it for myself?

Comment

Yes, PHP is required to run the Phoronix Test Suite. There are some ARM builds of PHP around like in Optware and some other places though, if you don't want to build it yourself.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
          X