Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 2.6.34-rc4 Kernel Pulls In Two Weeks Of Work

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.34-rc4 Kernel Pulls In Two Weeks Of Work

For those not paying close attention to the development cycle for the Linux 2.6.34 kernel, two weeks have passed since the Linux 2.6.34-rc3 release (compared to the usual weekly -rc versions), but today 2.6.34-rc4 is hitting the hands of testers. It's taken longer to get the fourth release candidate of 2.6.34 out the door due to a "really annoying" VM regression that took some days to resolve...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I did not test rc4 yet but rc3-git10. That kernel had problems on shutdown and somebody reported problems with suspend.

Comment

It would seem that RC4 also includes HDMI Audio for the R700 series.

Comment

Seems that all the shiny new evergreen code got not pulled in.

Comment

http://www.phoromatic.com/kernel-tracker.php is a nice web page!

Please, add the unit for each benchmark (MB/s, fps, etc), otherwise it is hard to tell if there is an improvement or a regression.

Comment

Originally posted by sabriah View Post
            http://www.phoromatic.com/kernel-tracker.php is a nice web page!

Please, add the unit for each benchmark (MB/s, fps, etc), otherwise it is hard to tell if there is an improvement or a regression.

Uhhh it already does on each graph and even has an arrow indicating what way the results are better.. And with the table at the top and elsewhere the units are already taken into account when figuring out percent gains or losses, etc.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hi Michael,

please fix the following in the text:

Many other bugs have also been squashed in 2.6.24-rc4 and a new network driver has been added.
              should read

Many other bugs have also been squashed in 2.6.34-rc4 and a new network driver has been added.
              thanks !

Comment

I had the shutdown issues as well on an gateway nv53 laptop

Also the ati driver was very unstable 2D and 3d bother had problems even after reemerging world.... I moved back to -r2 and its all fine will test -r4 probably

Comment

I see a few changes for radeon drm. Are these the patches for power management?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Uhhh it already does on each graph and even has an arrow indicating what way the results are better.. And with the table at the top and elsewhere the units are already taken into account when figuring out percent gains or losses, etc.
                    Yes I saw them on the graphs, and the arrows are an excellent idea too. That is great, but if the table would have the units too it would be more standalone. Also, I like to print the just the table for easy reading. If it doesn't fit in the left table column, one could add it in the pop-up text, like for Apache Benchmark where it now says "Static Web Page Serving".

Just an idea.

Comment

Working...
                    X