Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Time To Test The Graphics In Fedora 13

Phoronix: It's Time To Test The Graphics In Fedora 13

Fedora 13 will be officially released next month and while we have already used it in testing out the Nouveau Gallium3D drivers and trying out the new Intel graphics, this week Red Hat is hosting community test days for the graphics stack in Fedora 13...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hey they managed to brew a nightly-compose that actually fits a 700MB CD-ROM I'll give it a try.

Comment

It's a shame I don't have much time for this since the last radeon testday (for F12) managed to get my otherwise not-working Radeon HD4770 working virtually fully by the time it hit stable (3D wasn't anything to shout home about but it works).

This is how Open-source works, hope someone fills in for me in :P

Comment

On a side note. I see that Fedora has removed all the Mono stuff from their default install. Nice I suspect Ubuntu will follow suit with their 10.10 release.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
          On a side note. I see that Fedora has removed all the Mono stuff from their default install. Nice I suspect Ubuntu will follow suit with their 10.10 release.
          Fedora hasnt had Mono as Default install for a few releases. infact i posted a thread about Mono over on the fedoraforum. Ubuntu an Debain wont be dropping Mono as default install from what iv'e read

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
            Fedora hasnt had Mono as Default install for a few releases. infact i posted a thread about Mono over on the fedoraforum.
            This snipped from a mailinglist conversation seems to suggest otherwise, but I'm not that familiar with Fedora.

Originally posted by http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/desktop/2010-March/005913.html

>> So bring it to down to a single item that I want to see happen, any
            >> objections to me making f-spot a optional package in the graphics group
            >> for Fedora 13?
            >>
            > None here. It might be the last mono needing item on the default DVD
            > install.
            >

I have added shotwell as a default package and made f-spot a optional
            package in graphics group for Fedora 13. Updated the desktop beat

Rahul

Comment

i think from F10 or F9 it hasnt used Mono as Default. cause there was a Big fuss about it having Microsoft Code in it.

Comment

mono is still in the Fedora 12 default install

You still have to type:

yum remove -y mono-core

to rid yourself of the infestation.

Comment

Hey they managed to brew a nightly-compose that actually fits a 700MB CD-ROM I'll give it a try.
                  You can download BrOffice.org spin. It is less than 700MB. Or you can create a Fedora liveusb.

Comment

This snipped from a mailinglist conversation seems to suggest otherwise, but I'm not that familiar with Fedora.
                    I was the one who made that last change. I see there is some confusion and I can clarify. Fedora Desktop Live CD which is the default choice does not have Mono ever since the Fedora 10 release. F-Spot and Tomboy used to installed only when you choose the non-live install dvd/cd set. The Fedora desktop team included Gnote by default in Fedora 12. Shotwell has replaced Gthumb and F-Spot by default for the upcoming Fedora 13 release. So regardless of the ISO image you pick, those are the defaults going forward. We have minimized the differences in defaults between these images. The only major difference is the Openoffice.org is not included by default if you pick the desktop live image. That is simply because of lack of space. Originally the plan was to make the live image, a few hundreds megs more and include Openoffice.org but it wouldn't have fit into a CD anymore and that plan has been dropped for this release.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                    X