Ubuntu 10.04 Gets A New Catalyst Pre-Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grigi View Post
    PAT has to still be disabled for 10.3 on my system, but since you are using Gentoo, the installer will barf if you try to install the driver through portage, and PAT is not disabled in the kernel config.

So the nopat probably does nothing for you, since PAT suport is probably not built in your kernel.
    seems like it works without for me (at least with 10.1)

also the PCI_LEGACY find doesn't seem to be needed anymore (it's been removed with 2.6.34 btw.)

I still couldn't get 10.2, 10.3, 10.4 to work without segfaulting

I've really gone through all changes that I can think of:

completely install the system from scratch, switch from amd64 -> x86, switch from hardened -> non-hardened, down from 2.6.34-rc* to 2.6.33 / 2.6.32, conservative C/CXXFLAGS, etc.

it HAS TO BE a regression - why would it work with 10.1 and out of a sudden stop with the following drivers (I've seen this kind of behavior with the drivers from nvidia, too - so I guess the catalyst driver is getting better what helped was to wait a few months until the devs / it got fixed by itself)

Comment

finaly i managed to get games working with this driver.

since i upgraded my system from 9.10 to 10.04 and installed new pre-released catalyst drivers it didnt have direct rendering somehow.

only thing i had to do was:
      sudo rm /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
      sudo ln -s /usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2 /usr/lib/libGL.so.1

found this solution from somewhere in ubuntu forums.

finaly i can play HoN now..and also Unigine heaven got nice fps boost with new drivers.

Comment

I've prepared 2.6.34-rc4 patch: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ca...6.34-rc4.patch
        Use it along with fglrx-2.6.33.patch

Comment

Thank you, added your patches to my script.

Comment

Are you unable to follow the simple bisect howto?

Just follow it and dont complain all the day!

Comment

Working...
            X