No announcement yet.

Missing Overscan option fglrx 10.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the native is just 1024x720 - google will tell you that after 1 s search time. You can forget using higher res as it will not look better. I would replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Well the native is just 1024x720 - google will tell you that after 1 s search time. You can forget using higher res as it will not look better. I would replace it.
      I know that, and it's not 1024x702 but 1280x720. I don't care about resolution; I'm trying to get the overscan feature back.

Comment

No it IS 1024x720! That's the native res. It can be true that it does not accept that res but every other res is interpolated.

Comment

I don't want to be rude Kano, but you are not helping at all. Please stop posting to this thread. Congratulations, I'm wrong.

It doesn't matter what resolution my TV is because this feature worked until I installed 10.3. The problem is a configuration issue or an fglrx problem, not my TV.

Comment

Actually i have the same problem too. Until i installed 10.3 driver everything works fine (there is overscan option) and the HDTV was detected. Now its become a Projector??? and overscan feature gone (Windows version of 10.3 driver still detecting HDTV, and overscan option featured).

I'm using HD4670, with DVI -> HDMI dongle. The HDTV is 2009 Panasonic TH-L32S10X, 32" with 1920x1080 native resolution.

Btw the last overscan option showed up on linux fglrx CCC on my system is on 9.12 version. I was hoping 10.3 will fix that, but now shows a Projector

Comment

@rx78gp03

As you have got a 1080p tv then you normally can set the picture to unscaled.

Comment

I found a workaround for the ati overscan problem here:

So, I just bought a 32" Panasonic LCD (1080p) and have decided to use that as my main monitor. Unfortunately, when I hooked it up to my computer, I had under-scan with both Windows 7 x64 and Ubuntu Karmic x64 (using a Radeon HD 4870 1GB). In Windows, there was a simple slider in the Catalyst Control Center to fix the under-scan issue. Unfortunately, the same option wasn't available with the Linux counterpart. I searched online for some answers, but all the ones I found seemed outdated, or

Comment

Working...
                X