The ATI Radeon HD 3870 device model is a faithful simulation of the software-visible portion of an ATI Radeon HD 3870 adapter; it is not a model of the specific ATI Radeon HD 3870 hardware. Because of this, the graphics device model is not equivalent in certain areas. Any issues related to timing, such as the vertical retrace time, DAC, CRTC and GPU clock timing, will be different. Any software that depends on exact timing behavior may not function correctly.
The following features are not supported in this version of the ATI Radeon HD 3870 device model. Any software that depends on these features may not function correctly.
Unsupported Feature List
- DirectX 10+ (shader constant buffer, geometry processing, shader
- import/export from memory, DirectX 10 shader instructions)
- Flow control and conditional shader instructions
- Texture Filtering, mip mapping, LOD, anti-aliasing, blending weight
- generation, depth filtering
- Line color gradients, wireframe fill mode, Fog
- Dual screen configurations and display hotplug detection
- ATI CrossFire™