Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chernobyl Takes Down Our Server

Phoronix: Chernobyl Takes Down Our Server

You may notice Phoronix taking a really long time to load this morning or the pages even timing out. This is because of the Chernobyl photographs that were posted yesterday and they are now on SlashDot...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sounds replacing the dynamically-scaled and watermarked images with static ones, even if they don't fit as well. Images that don't load in the first place don't fit on your screen very well either, after all! :P

Comment

s/Sounds replacing/Sounds like you need to replace/

Darn server loads + edit limit. ?_?

Comment

s/Sounds replacing/Sounds like you need to replace/

Darn server loads + edit limit. ?_?

Comment

It's still affecting me... To an extent.
          LOL at the title!

Comment

@Michael

Didn't you forget to take some Rad Away after the trip?

RadAway (sometimes spelled as Rad-Away) is a consumable item in Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel, Fallout Shelter, and Fallout: The Board Game. RadAway is a chemical solution that bonds with radioactive particles and removes them from the user's system. While Rad-X is designed to increase the body's natural resistance to radiation, RadAway is designed to be used after exposure. It is administered intravenously, using

Comment

The performance of the Phoronix site is generally less then optimal - at least when accessing it from Europe (France and Austria). Wouldn't it be possible to improve performance by caching or by creating static snapshots of the dynamic PHP-pages?

Comment

I can confirm that the performance (at least from Germany) is very bad, often errors appear that the server needed to long to answer etc.

I hope that the server does not run with energy from nuclear power.

Comment

Seems Phoronix got hit by Chernobyl literally, LOL

Comment

I'll have to check out those pictures - they sound interesting.It looks like nuclear energy isn't that dangerous after all -I mean your site is still up and running... ;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X